- Automotive Group
- Industrial Group
- Career Areas
- Working Here
- Social Impact
- Students & Grads
Human Resource Generalist
Are you looking to make a huge impact and touch many facets of HR with a fast paced and dynamic HR department? If so, we have the perfect opportunity for you as a Human Resources Generalist. We are looking for a HR talent who can switch gears easily with HR tasks, someone who is collaborative, can gain the trust of others, and can administer day-to-day operations of the Human Resources team! This is a fast paced, super-multi-tasking role so if you have high energy, like to have your hands in all things HR, this role is for you!
This is the perfect opportunity for you if you:
· Love multitasking in all lanes of HR and making an impact on all parts of HR
· Enjoy being the go to person for just about everything when it comes to daily operations of an HR department and having the answers
· Are totally customer centric when it comes to providing effective HR Management to with all levels of employees
· Passion and understanding of being in a key leadership role that touches so many parts of a business
· Enjoy assisting with recruiting processes to include posting jobs, sourcing, screening, and interviewing candidates for open positions
· Have a passion for the Onboarding process of new employees and administrative parts of the hiring process
· Enjoy building relationships and trust with employees and leaders
What you will get to do:
· Perform a broad scope of HR Functions including employee life cycle, employee relations, performance management, compliance and recruiting.
· Coordinates Employee Engagement Surveys.
· Works with performance management programs and projects as well as any other compensation projects as assigned.
· Responds to questions regarding recruiting and staffing processes, employee information (benefits/payroll) and interpretation of HR policies and procedures.
· Provide support with presentations and facilitates training on HR-related topics as needed.
· Assists in the communication and enrollment process of employee benefits programs.
· Steps in as needed with recruiting talent for open roles
· Serves as a subject matter expert and resource for HR policies and practices, state and federal employment laws, and company HR standard operating procedures.
· Promotes and manages local implementation of corporate driven HR programs and initiatives.
· Provide consultation and coaching to frontline leaders
· Assist HR and department leaders with planning and roll-out of HR programs and initiatives.
· Assist managers and employees in understanding and applying best practices in order to maximize employee performance, achieve organizational effectiveness, improve employee engagement
· Identify opportunities to improve HR programs and propose solutions to improve HR practices.
· Work closely with HR team members to implement specific HR processes and transactions
· Complete ad-hoc projects, reporting, and tasks as required with cross-functional HR / Partner teams
What you’ll need to be successful in this role:
· Bachelor's degree, equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job, or equivalent work experience required
· 3-5 years of human resources experience, preferably in a multi-unit environment.
· Retail / Distribution Center experience is a plus and having a background in Recruiting, Talent Acquisition, High Volume Recruiting environment.
· Ensures completion of required pre-employment testing: MVR, drug test, background verifications, and new hire paperwork. Assist with new hire orientations.
· Proficient with MS Office Products: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
· Experience working with applicant tracking system (PeopleSoft), Kronos, Talentquest a plus (not a deal-breaker if you don’t have this).
· Knowledge and understanding of Federal, State and Local legislation regarding personnel and labor laws.
· Ability to interact effectively with employees at all levels of the organization and ability to partner with managers and employees to positively impact business results.
· Adaptable, resourceful and able to work in fast moving environment.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong attention to details.
· Demonstrated accountability and responsibility for independent judgment and successful outcomes.
· Entirely customer-centric (internal/external) and able to develop and sustain effective relationships with key people both inside and outside of operation business.
· PeopleSoft and Kronos experience preferred.
· Entirely customer-centric (internal/external)
· Knowledge of payroll and employee relations
· Demonstrated ability to analyze data and make recommendations to management, ability to deal with multiple issues simultaneously with a sense of urgency.
· Ability to work effectively in ambiguous situations, maintain a positive approach and be a strong advocate of company-driven initiatives.
· Must maintain confidentiality, discretion, and integrity.* Work performed in typical office environment.
And if you have this, even better:
· SHRM certification (PHR or SPHR)
· 3-5 years experience managing the Human Resources function for 100 to 500 employees preferred (would be great if you have a retail, manufacturing, or distribution background – not a deal breaker if not
· Tech savviness. You have the strong ability to navigate through various software programs and social media platforms.
· 1-2 years payroll administration experience
· Background in Recruiting/Staffing.
Why NAPA may just be the right place for you:
· Outstanding health benefits and 401K
· Stable company. Fortune 200 with a family feel
· Company Culture that works hard, yet takes care of employees
· Opportunity for accessing multiple career paths, ongoing development, with support from leaders and your team
NAPA has great careers for people with all backgrounds and interests. So if after reading this, you don't think that it is the perfect fit for you, check out a few of our cool day in the life career videos from our awesome employees by visiting NAPAautojobs.com. While on our career site, check out the list of the many other diverse roles we have as well.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.