- Automotive Group
- Industrial Group
- Career Areas
- Working Here
- Social Impact
- Students & Grads
Material Handler I
Under close supervision, the Material Handler performs physical and administrative tasks related to material handling such as shipping, receiving, order fulfillment, returns, and storage. This position lifts heavy items and operates a forklift.
If you are looking for a position with starting pay at $17.00/hr, progressive raises for the first 36 months, raises that take place every 6 months, a potential to make $53K plus annually after 3 years, then Motion is your answer.
Motion Industries offers an excellent benefits package which includes options for healthcare coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, vacation, sick, and holiday pay.
• Unloads and directs movement of shipments from shipping and receiving platform to storage and work areas.
• Verifies and records incoming and outgoing shipments within the Warehouse Management System to ensure shipments include correct product, quality, and quantity.
• Gathers, verifies, and places items into order picking container for outgoing shipments.
• Prepares packing slips, shipping labels, bills of lading, and other required documents as needed.
• Ensures warehouse work areas and equipment are clean, orderly, and properly maintained.
• Replenishes primary stock shelves from reserve stock locations as needed.
• Operates a forklift.
• May perform driving duties from time to time.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Typically requires a high school diploma or GED and zero (0) to two (2) years of related experience or an equivalent combination.
• Ability to work as a team in a fast-paced environment.
• Possess the ability to comprehend and carry-out instructions provided in oral, written, and diagram format.
• Basic computer skills, including information processing required.
• Ability to perform basic mathematical functions in addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.