Manager, Indirect Sourcing
Reports to Senior Director, Indirect Sourcing. This position has responsibility for developing and leading strategic sourcing processes for indirect materials across Genuine Parts Company to effectively manage costs and vendor performance for a Fortune 200 Company (~$20B in sales).
Primary focus is to partner with business unit and cross-functional leaders to drive cost reductions and improved service levels across indirect spend categories through effective vendor management, cost negotiations, and standard processes. Leverage enterprise scale and market expertise to identify and achieve cost reduction targets. Effectively communicate and develop internal consensus on optimal execution path forward.
The following section contains the primary responsibilities for this position. The Manager, Indirect Sourcing is responsible for performing any other duties as assigned by management.
- Lead the strategic sourcing process for assigned indirect spend categories including market analysis, strategy development, supplier evaluation, negotiation, and implementation.
- Analyze GPC spend data to identify sourcing, vendor consolidation, and compliance opportunities.
- Gather key business requirements, draft RFP documentation, develop supplier evaluation criteria, and model total cost of ownership scenarios.
- Lead negotiations and implementation of contractual agreements with suppliers in partnership with internal customers and GPC’s Legal department.
- Build policies and procedures for reviewing supplier performance against contracted obligations and service levels. Anticipate and minimize performance issues via use of key performance indicators.
- Create actionable reporting to identify demand management and policy compliance opportunities.
- Develop and manage collaborative business stakeholder relationships across the enterprise to facilitate effective category management and to enable sharing of best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, supply chain, or related field required.
- 10+ years in related disciplines including strategic sourcing, category management, and supplier negotiations in large, corporate environments
- Experience with Fleet, Fuel, Transportation, or Supply Chain categories a plus
- Proven experience in developing and executing sourcing strategies to drive cost-out.
- Strong negotiation skills and contract redlining experience.
- Synthesizes data to develop strategic and operational insights that translate into action.
- Demonstrates consistent track record of leadership, teamwork and delivering high impact results.
- Works in highly team-oriented capacity partnering closely with business unit and functional teammates.
- Leads cross-functional teams and communicates effectively in all forms (e.g. PowerPoint).
- Embodies self-starter problem solver and able to successfully manage multiple workflows.
- Aligns with GPC core values – hard work, gives back, humility, team-centric, servant leader.
Where permitted by applicable law, successful applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to start date. COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment, subject to an approved accommodation, and proof of vaccination will be required on or prior to start date.
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.