Position Mission: Commercial Motor Vehicle Delivery Drivers are key members of our team. The driver is responsible for preparing, loading/unloading, and delivering merchandise to customers. The driver is accountable for the safe and efficient operation of vehicles with GVWR up to 25,000lbs. and may also be required to perform other duties as assigned.
- Ensure timely deliveries to customers
- Maintain an accurate detailed delivery log
- Assist warehouse employees in preparing items for delivery, including packing products and sorting delivery items by route
- May assist with restocking shelves
- Ensure customer service requirements are met
- May be required to earn safety certifications for specific customers
- Cleaning and maintenance functions of delivery vehicle
- Adhere to all federal, state, and local laws
- Adhere to safety policies
- Proper handling and filing of customer picking tickets, driver load sheets, bills of lading and other associated paperwork
- Provide courteous, efficient and professional service in dealing with customers
- All other duties as assigned.
Experience, Education, and Abilities:
- At least 18 years old
- Ability to operate a vehicle weight rated up to 25,000 lbs safely and in a professional manner
- Possess a valid Driver's License, with good record for prior 3 years, e.g. no DUI and less than two citations for moving violations or accidents
- Possess a current DOT Medical Examiner’s Certificate
- Good customer service and communication skills
- Reliable, organized, detailed and focused
- Ability to multitask, work independently, and manage time well
- Ability to move up to 100 lbs. and lift up to 50 lbs.
- High School Diploma or GED.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.