The IT Business Analyst collects, clarifies, analyzes, and translates business requirements into documentation and functional requirements from which solutions are developed. This role serves as liaison between business operations and information systems for requirements, design, development, testing, implementation, and application support.
- Collaborates with project sponsors and project managers to determine project scope and vision, and clearly identifying project stakeholders.
- Recommends improvements to strategy, application usage, or process applying knowledge of the business processes in various functional areas.
- Defines test approach, develop test cases and perform software tests before implementation to confirm solutions meet business needs and quality.
- Supports the development of end-user documentation and training materials as required for new functionality and processes.
- Assists with the interpretation of customer requirements into feasible options, and communicating these back to the business stakeholders.
- Acquires a working knowledge of existing technical processes, and apply this knowledge to assigned tasks and projects.
- Translates stakeholder requirements into functional requirements in a clear manner that is comprehensible to technical members of the project team.
- Manages and tracking the status of requirements throughout the project lifecycle ; enforce and redefine as necessary.
- Creates process models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to developers and/or the project team.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Typically requires a bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to articulate information verbally, visually, and in written format across at all levels of the company.
- Experience developing and implementing systems using Agile/Scrum methodology.
- Experience utilizing or deploying IT solutions to meet business requirements.
- Ability to coordinate tasks and priorities across multiple projects.
- Strong understanding of business intelligence concepts and applications.
- Ability to effectively capture requirements and facilitate sessions with business stakeholders.
- Proven ability to conceptualize, exercise judgment and think creatively
Where permitted by applicable law, successful applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to start date. COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment, subject to an approved accommodation, and proof of vaccination will be required on or prior to start date.
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.