- Automotive Group
- Industrial Group
- Career Areas
- Working Here
- Social Impact
- Students & Grads
Distinguished Engineer- IT Infrastructure Architect
Genuine Parts Company (“GPC” or the “Company”), founded in 1928 and based in Atlanta, Georgia, is a leading distributor of automotive and industrial replacement parts and value-added services. The Company operates a global portfolio of businesses with more than 10,000 locations across the world. GPC has approximately 50,000 global employees. The Company has operations in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia, Singapore, France, the U.K., Germany, Poland, the Netherlands, Belgium, Spain and China.
Summary Job Description:
This role provides a unique opportunity for a senior technical leader to strategize, architect, govern and lead Genuine Parts Company as a Distinguished Engineer, Infrastructure Architect. The focus of the architect's role is to ensure that business strategy and any relevant IT trends are understood, rationalized, and expressed in the processes and systems of the enterprise. This leadership role is also focused on facilitating the conversion of strategies into actions by leveraging the appropriate tools and techniques of an architect. The individual will work with senior leadership and other principal engineers in a thought leadership role developing and driving core infrastructure technology roadmaps and solutions.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to staff engineers and the technical team within the Infrastructure Operations and Technology group
- Lead design and architecture discussions for IT platforms engaging with other staff engineers, engineering teams across different business units
- Influence and govern current and strategic architectural blueprints supporting high availability and scalability
- Directs the identification and recommendation of appropriate solutions, upgrades, replacements, or decommissioning options incorporating business and technology productivity, usability, and total cost of ownership
- Communicates the architecture to the stakeholders and collaborates and coordinates with existing domain architects in the formalization and adoption of IT standards and procedures
- Provide program management leadership to infrastructure initiatives serving as both a technical advisor and project execution expert to ensure on-time and on-budget delivery of initiatives
- Provides analysis of security protection technologies as necessary
- Creating business architecture models to reflect the organization's strategies and goals and creating and implementing business visions and goals.
- Determining and implementing build versus buy strategies, mentor personnel, and views of the overall business strategy.
- Input into the introduction of 3rd party solutions to ensure they are compatible with GPC strategy and are commercially and contractually safe
- Lead design and architecture discussions for technology platforms engaging with other solution architects and engineers within various business units
- Analyze industry, technology, and market trends to determine their potential impacts on the enterprise's strategy and architecture requirements
- Bachelor's degree Information Technology or a related field
- 12+ years’ experience in system architecture, administration and engineering, including but not limited to server, virtualization, cloud, storage, networking and security technologies
- Experience in datacenter infrastructure and strategy formulation in large enterprises with complex store and distribution center networks
- Experience in Cloud technologies (Azure, AWS, Google) including networking interconnectivity between cloud providers and data centers.
- Excellent technical documentation and communication skills with the ability to articulate business requirements into new technologies
- Detail-oriented with effective time management skills to facilitate unplanned projects and interruptions
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build effective relationships across multiple cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem-solving skills; technically creative and open-minded
- Comfortable with ambiguity and time spent outside of comfort zone acquiring new skills
- Strong customer service skills with high level of professionalism
- Self-motivated and can work with minimal supervision
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.