Technical Writer/Media Producer
Technical Writer / Media Producer
Who we are:
We are the “Store Applications” group at APG-IT, we support our business of 6000+ stores nationwide with ERP applications that we continue to build and improve. We are looking to improve the way we educate and support our users through the many changes we make to our applications and minimize disruptions.
This is an opportunity to work with a cross-functional team comprised of content and learning experts to enable successful user adoption of our evolving suite of ERP applications. Join us in taking on the challenge of revamping the user assistance and learning experience for our rather large, physically dispersed and diverse user base using a variety of channels and tools.
We are a team of folk who wear multiple hats. While each of us is highly skilled in a specific area we are effective because we are able to execute in related areas and we are constantly learning from each other as we collaborate on solutions for content and learning challenges. You are part of the missing piece on our team, if you are passionately committed to making life easier for the people using our applications by creating simple yet effective user assistance content and employing media production skills to create content for different channels. If you are nimble, curious, willing to try new things, experiment and learn new tools you are exactly who we need on our team.
What you will do:
- Collaborate with product teams and the content team to plan, execute and deliver a range of content that includes:
- Release Notes
- User Assistance Topics for the Product’s Help & Learning Site
- Quick Reference Guides
- Instructional Videos
- Application Walkthroughs
- Collate content from various sources including subject matter experts, JIRA, Confluence and by using the application
- Collaborate with subject matter experts
- Assist in documenting content standards, templates and process guidelines being established.
- Partner with product team and UX to provide in-application copy as needed.
- Collaborate and consult within the content team to ensure consistent voice and tone across products and channels.
- Document and capture these standards as they evolve and change.
- Strong writing and editing skills; experience with user content for software preferred
- Able to turn complex information into human understandable content that makes it easy for even less tech savvy employees to use applications on their day-to-day work.
- Passionate about plain language, minimalist writing
- Able to apply design thinking to create positive learning and content experience.
- Experience with authoring tools like Madcap Flare, RoboHelp or equivalent.
- Expertise with video and graphics editing.
- Some knowledge of Agile software development.
- Familiarity with Confluence and JIRA is an advantage
- Flexible and able to adapt to changing priorities
- Comfortable in an environment where we are still transitioning to a more structured content management team with evolving processes and guidelines.
- Some experience partnering with UX team to review interaction flows and provide in application copy.
Please attach three work samples demonstrating your video production skills as well as writing skills. Samples should illustrate your ability to independently analyze a content or learning problem and apply design thinking in creating the solution.
(For samples that were the result of a team effort, please indicate what specific area is your original work.)
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.