Senior Iteration Manager - Store Systems
APG IT – Iteration Manager, Store Systems
Job Family: IT
Iteration Management at Genuine Parts Company is an important part of the company’s adoption of an Agile and DevOps culture. The Iteration Manager is expected to do what is necessary to ensure that the project team can deliver above and beyond expectations while producing value to the organization. The successful candidate is responsible for making the project team become more agile by helping them work as effectively and efficiently as possible. In addition, this person will assist in the definition and maturation of processes to optimize efficiency and quality while meeting the demands of rapid growth. The ideal candidate will have experience in DevOps, ERP, and Agile environments.
- Requirements include but are not be limited to the following:
- 5+ years of Iteration Manager or Agile Proejct Management experience
- Outstanding organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to drive issues to closure
- Proven experience in a large enterprise environment with multiple development teams
- Experience working with Kanban and Lean principles
- Experience with relative agile estimation (no-estimates forecasting or Monte Carlo experience is a plus)
- Experience with software development life-cycles (SDLC)
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Flexible and able to learn quickly in a dynamic environment
- Experience working with third party development and infrastructure suppliers
- Demonstrated knowledge of various technologies including applications, databases, networking, telecommunications, and connectivity
- Prior technical and application development experience is desirable
- Bachelor's degree in business administration (software development-related), computer science, or a related discipline with an information technology focus
- Organize/facilitate/oversee Agile ceremonies (daily standup(s), iteration/release planning, story kickoffs, showcases, retrospectives, etc.) for assigned development team(s) including resulting action items
- Coach project team members in Agile values, principles, and practices.
- Coach self-organization, cross-functionality, and project delivery.
- Define and manage agile metrics for the team to aid in the team’s continuous improvement
- Facilitates the investigation and resolution of production issues including facilitation of Root Cause Analysis and Post-Mortem meetings
- Manages and facilitates releases and production deployments
- Facilities long term planning for the team
- Assists team in managing dependencies on other teams (internal or external)
- Promote Agile practices where Agile has not yet been fully adopted and understood across the organization.
- Ensure accuracy of priority, content, and status of all story cards are managed and maintained.
- Ensures that backlog refinement is occurring during which prioritization and estimation are completed
- Stay in constant contact with other key personnel including but not limited to Project Management and Product Owners to ensure the highest priority items remain the primary focus
- Remove blockers to the project team progress
- Shield the project team from unnecessary distractions and interferences
- Keeps Project Management and Product Owners informed of the project team status and issues especially when the issues concern scope and time.
- What experience do you have in Iteration Management?
- What type of Agile and DevOps teams do you have experience with?
- Do you have previous application development experience?
- Can you drive improvement using industry standard best practices?
- Do you understand and can you apply the SDLC?
- If you are not detail oriented, organized, and a driver who insists on best practices then do not apply
- Applies concepts of servant leadership gained from previous experience
- Uses technical knowledge of products and services and understanding of customer needs to offer alternative approaches to customers.
- Examines work processes to identify those that could be eliminated, automated, or made more effective through the use of technology
- Takes proactive steps to ensure that customer problems are managed and solved in a timely manner
- Approaches situations by considering them from different points of view; resists using the same thought process or making assumptions based on past experience; develops more than one solution to problem situations
- Demonstrates patience and self-control under difficult or adverse circumstances; handles stress well
- Exhibits good listening and comprehension (practices active listening); concentrates on what the other person is saying rather than preparing what to say next; takes notes for later clarification instead of interrupting to ask questions
- Develops a career plan with short- and long-term objectives and uses this to guide self-development activities
- Uses insights gained from handling challenging situations to recommend improvements to procedures, workflow, or product design
- Displays passion and optimism; focuses on possibilities rather than limitations.
- Applies lessons learned from experience, including both successes and failures; is willing to break old habits and take a risk by using new skills
- Demonstrates ability to prioritize conflicting demands; concentrates time and effort on activities that have the greatest potential for payoff
- Treats barriers and problems as opportunities; identifies possible obstacles to goal attainment in a positive manner and works to eliminate them
- Is aware of self-defeating behaviors; lets go of behaviors that don’t serve the group well
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.