IT Developer - Automation
Improves and maintains applications that support inventory modeling. Develops and refines technical solutions by incorporating new technology with current best practices.
- Collaborates with development team to troubleshoot production issues.
- Reviews programing tools for possible production issues, diagnoses problems, and takes appropriate actions to resolve.
- Liaisons between other departments for solution resolution as needed.
- Maintains and monitors existing ETL jobs by writing queries, developing procedures, and setting up jobs.
- Adds new data sets to programs and incorporates data plug adjustments.
- Ensures data interfacing is functioning properly.
- Designs new system modules to meet business requirements.
- Determines required data sources and builds application models to display results in requested formats.
- Uses knowledge of data correlation factors to create most effective models.
- Adheres to best practices to ensure sustainability.
- Assists team members by offering technical problem solving solutions, answering questions, explaining complex topics, and researching solutions.
- Uses system expertise to optimize queries and update statements to improve performance including data accuracy and processing speeds.
- Prior Experience in a developer role.
- Bachelor or advanced degree in information technology, computer science, or equivalent work experience
- Experience with Oracle 11g required.
- Experience with Java, Cassandra, and graphical design interest preferred.
- Passion for working with and learning technology.
- Ability to work in a changing environment. Ability to recommend and sell creative solutions to the business.
- Strong communication skills including the ability to convert between technical and business audiences.
- Ability to interact effectively across multiple teams and diverse cultures.
- Ability to solve practical problems and carry out responsibilities with minimal assistance from management.
- Work is performed in a typical office environment.
- Travel is minimal and usually local.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.