Customer Relations Specialist
Customer Relations Specialist
The Customer Relations Specialist is responsible for monitoring specific duties for an assigned portfolio of accounts. These duties include: (1) Reviewing invoice rejection reports to determine invoice rejects due to incorrect purchase orders, or other reasons; (2) Notifying the APG Field personnel of these incorrect P.O. issues; (3) Tracking and following-up on the P.O. corrections; (4) Ensuring that invoices with corrected P.O.’s have been re-transmitted for payment; and (5) Identifying accounts that have not been properly registered in RAM and working with the appropriate DC’s for correction. Daily activities will also consist of providing world class customer service and resolving past due accounts in a timely manner.
- Strong follow-up skills.
- Ability to interact and communicate with APG DC’s and DC Management
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task and handle tight deadlines.
- Experience with People Soft system and ability to run various queries.
- Experience with RAM registration system.
- Proven customer service skills.
- A firm understanding of basic AP and Accounting Principles
- Exceptional oral and written communication & customer service skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Team Player
Basic Job Duties
- On a daily basis, review invoice rejection reports for your assigned accounts.
- For those invoices that have rejected invoices, integrate them with the Campaign Builder software for tracking purposes.
- Ensure that the DC’s are using Campaign Builder to provide corrected P.O. notifications.
- Upon receipt of the corrections, submit the newly corrected invoice data to our mainframe for invoice re-transmitting.
- For accounts that have not been properly registered in RAM, access our RAM system and correct or populate the necessary fields to complete the account registrations.
- Take incoming “greenline” calls from customers and answer questions regarding his/her accounts
- Annotate accounts in inter-company collection systems to document all interactions with the customer
- Minimize losses by referring bad debt accounts for final collection efforts to Collection Supervisor in a timely manner.
- Call accounts in assigned tracks as designated by departmental guidelines
- Fax/mail customer invoice copy requests as required.
- Submit all qualifying accounts for yearly bad debt write off to supervisor for approval.
- Interact with GPC field personnel as required utilizing excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Provide quality, professional and prompt customer service to all internal and external customers.
- Maintain effective work-related communication with all team members in AR Center.
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.