Director of Product Marketing
Responsible for the planning, development and implementation of all Merchandising department marketing strategies and activities, both external and internal. Oversees the development and implementation of traditional and digital sales and marketing initiatives, support materials and other merchandise marketing programs and services. Leads and directs the efforts of the Manager of Product Marketing and merchandise marketing staff and coordinates at the strategic and tactical levels with the other functions of the Organization.
Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Work with senior management to establish merchandise marketing strategies that maximize the Organization’s objectives and sales goals
- Implement the overarching marketing strategy and goals for the Merchandise department
- Create, lead, and implement the Organization’s digital marketing strategy
- Successfully portray the Organization as a marketing leader in the industry
- Act as the central point of communication for Merchandising department management and other functions of the Organization
- Develop and maintain strong and productive relationships with key Vendors, Dealers and other stakeholders in the industry
- Lead and direct the Manager of Product Marketing and merchandise marketing staff from a strategic as well as tactical level
- Supervise the evaluation, hiring and training of new team members
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The position will require excellent organizational and time management skills as well as decisionÂ¿making abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate a high level of activity under a variety of conditions and constraints.
- Strong Work Ethic
- Positive Attitude
- Team Player
- Open Minded
- Self Motivated
- Supervise the Manager of Product Marketing, and their direct reports – the Merchandise Marketing Managers in the Merchandising department.
Education and/or Exeperience
- Bachelors degree in Marketing.
- Minimum five years marketing and/or industry experience, preferably in the retail, technology, or commercial office products industry.
- Two years of managerial experience, and a graduate-level degree in a related field preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in written form. Requires extensive ability to read, comprehend, create and follow a schedule with close deadlines. Ability to read internal reports in which the content is changing frequently
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, proportions, and percentages. Understanding of basic algebra.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to organize and prioritize.
- Proficient with Excel and have an aptitude for learning Access. Basic Microsoft Office skills (Word and Powerpoint) are a must. Preferred experience with digital marketing tools such as SproutLoud and Constant Contact. Experience with Adobe Suite is also preferred.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to sit.
- The employee is required to stand during presentations and walk.
- The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 50 lbs. in managing equipment needed for training sessions. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
This position requires up to 20% business travel.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.