Solutions Center Agent
- Receive incoming calls and emails from customers and answer questions regarding their accounts.
- Research billings to intra-company & intercompany locations and facilitate corrections as needed.
- Remove accounts from COD status on a daily basis. Call field personnel on any deviations from the COD procedures.
- Initiate research request forms related to customer accounts for resolution by posting.
- Responsible for processing and maintaining information pertaining to customer account maintenance accurately and on time.
- Interact with GPC’s field personnel as required utilizing excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Provide customer invoice and/or statement copy requests as required.
- Provide quality, professional and prompt customer service to all internal and external customers.
- Maintain effective work related communication with all team members.
- Solicits vendors for: Tax Documentation (W-9s & Exemption Certificates), Electronic Payments (Purchase Card & ACH) and External Portals (for customers and vendors).
- Receive and research general ledger postings as requested
- Creates entries (memos) to update general ledger and to properly record or correct accounting data.
- Identifies and investigates unusual or unexpected account variances as requested/reported.
- Answer, research, and resolve customer service support calls with Vendors and Location personnel
- Facilitate a feedback loop for knowledge sharing with Tier 1 & 2 Support teams, with a goal of closing incidents while on the first response with requester.
- ServiceNow Tickets fulfillment
- Other duties as required
- Reports to Solutions Center Supervisors/Manager
Qualifications include but may not be limited to the following:
- 2 -3 years experience in one or more of the following:
- General Accounting and Reporting
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable
- HS Diploma or GED
- PeopleSoft Financial experience preferred but not required
- Preferred Experience in one or more of the following:
- Cash Applications
- Commercial Collections
- Vendor Maintenance
- Excellent data entry and 10 key skills (accuracy and speed a must)
- Above average research and resolution skills
- Demonstrated intermediate accounting ability
- Strong math aptitude and analytical ability
- Excellent verbal (including phone etiquette and effective listening) and written communication skills with both external and internal customers and GPC Support Center management.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Demonstrate complaint handling skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Self-starter, able to work in fast paced environment
- Strong work ethic and a self-motivation skills
- Team attitude
- Strong PC/Excel Knowledge
- Possess a willingness and ability to learn new concepts, methodologies, and tools
- Be goal oriented, committed and persistent to carry out assigned duties
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Demonstrates professional business etiquette.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.