The Automation Engineer provides design data and integrated systems for collaborative robot systems and other 'light' automation in addition to providing production support for ValuManufacturing (VM) projects in alignment with strategy. Motion Industries' Engineers provide the highest levels of knowledge and skills to design and test systems that will enhance our ability to meet the needs of our customers. Motion Industries offers an excellent benefits package which includes options for healthcare coverage, 401(k), tuition, reimbursement, vacation, sick, and holiday pay.
- Delivers solutions for integrated robotic systems and associate services.
- Evaluates applications for viability, considering risk, complexity and conflict with other SI channels.
- Increases division revenue and market scope through identifying additional markets, solutions, and services.
- Oversees build costs, ensuring delivery of systems as budgeted, achieving profit margin rates as built.
- Develops standard system packages to target high potential vertical markets.
- Oversees system build and delivery, ensures delivery of quality systems, and customer satisfaction.
- Schedules production of jobs in collaboration with the VM Production Supervisor and Sales Coordinator to meet deadlines.
- Responds to customer requests for quote changes.
- Confirms detailed draw and delivery dates with the customer.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Typically requires a bachelor's degree in electrical or mechanical engineering with one (1) year of engineering related experience or an equivalent combination.
- High degree of analytical and mechanical/electrical understanding.
- Highly effective verbal and written communicator.
This job description illustrates the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job classification. It is not intended to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and skills required. Management retains the right to add or modify duties at any time.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.