- Automotive Group
- Industrial Group
- Career Areas
- Working Here
- Social Impact
- Students & Grads
Business Intelligence (BI) Engineer
Company Background and Description
Genuine Parts Company (“GPC” or the “Company”), founded in 1928 and based in Atlanta, Georgia, is a leading distributor of automotive and industrial replacement parts and value-added services. The Company operates a global portfolio of businesses with more than 10,000 locations across the world. GPC has approximately 50,000 global employees with operations in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia, Singapore, France, the U.K., Germany, Poland, the Netherlands, Belgium, Spain, and China.
Partner with teams in the Data Management & Business Insights department to:
- Deliver solutions that leverage robust data pipelines and data models to support reporting use cases for the enterprise
- Serve as a subject matter expert on best practice uses of business intelligence (BI) platforms and enterprise data warehouse (EDW) assets
- Partner with stakeholders to drive product development initiatives, strategic projects, and other delivery commitments
- Serve as a data evangelist and facilitate the alignment of analytics across the organization
- Design, build, test, and implement automated BI solutions that deliver a guided analytics experience to different user communities
- Improve existing applications and prepare them for next generation use cases and analyses
- Ensure solutions meet operational requirements, such as scalability, maintainability, reliability, extensibility, flexibility, availability, manageability, and security
- Ensure solutions are compliant with company data and software policies/procedures
- Provide mentorship to data analysts and business stakeholders on available data assets, reporting solutions, and analytics capabilities
- Other duties as assigned
- GPC has two work locations to choose from, Duluth or Atlanta office.
- We offer a Flexible Work Policy that permits eligible employees to work remotely
Desired Qualifications & Experiences:
- 3+ years of experience in designing, developing, testing, and implementing BI solutions using various technology stacks and BI platforms (e.g. - Qlik Sense, Tableau, Power BI, etc.)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business, or four-year related degree, and/or equivalent work-related experience. MS degree preferred.
- Strong problem-solving skills, project management skills, and organizational skills
- Proficiency with SQL and working knowledge of data modeling, ETL development, and data warehousing
- Experience delivering BI solutions within Agile and DevOps methodologies
- Highly self-motivated with a strong work ethic
- Work is performed in a typical office environment
- Minimal travel required
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.