Internal Audit Manager
Motion Industries is looking for an Internal Audit Manager to work at our Corporate Headquarters in Birmingham, Alabama. Our Internal Audit group reports within the Finance Department. The Internal Audit Manager is responsible for analyzing key business processes to determine the effectiveness and efficiency in achieving business objectives in a controlled manner. This position is responsible for organizing and planning multiple projects in any function, process, or business unit within the Company. This position works on multiple teams to define project objectives, complete process analysis, identify and quantify process opportunities, and facilitate/institute change in the organization. Projects include: operational audit completion and management, Sarbanes-Oxley compliance, strategic risk assessments, business process reviews and improvements, and special investigations. We are looking for a candidate who is able to recognize opportunities and demonstrate excellent problem solving and decision making abilities. Individuals in this position must be able to work on multiple projects, and demonstrate a high sense of urgency and strong project management skills. Successful internal audit managers communicate well with all levels of associates and demonstrate professional, ethical behavior in all aspects of their job.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and executes project plans for audit initiatives regarding operational and financial functions.
- Formulates objectives, identifies resources, sets timelines, communicates results, and presents deliverables.
- Serves as liaison to parent company Internal Audit Department.
- Executes and delivers key tracks or segments of a project by auditing required documentation to ensure accuracy.
- Evaluates and maintains the effectiveness of controls. Identifies and enacts sustainable solutions.
- Presents audit findings and feedback. Makes recommendations for improvement based on audit findings and follows up with local management team to ensure changes were made appropriately.
- Escalates issues to management when required.
- Creates status reports for management on audit progress. Assists with presentations and attends meetings.
- Gives and receives feedback on progress and promotes continuous learning.
- Leads in implementing changes, developing training, and creating measurements.
- Establish effective professional relationships within the audit function, internal clients, the external auditors and other third parties.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to think objectively and apply strong ethics and integrity standards
- Energetic, flexible team player with the ability to adapt in a changing environment and work in ambiguous situations
- Broad knowledge of financial transaction flows and generally accepted account principles
- Solid understanding of audit methodologies and techniques
- Strong accounting, finance and analytical background with audit methodologies and techniques
- Ability to motivate others and promotes teamwork while supervising and training employees
- Experience analyzing large data sets using tools such as Excel and Qlik
- Ability to build strong relationships with all levels of the organization, work independently and take the initiative to make decisions
- Excellent business judgment and problem-solving skills, verbal / written communication skills and time management and organizational skills
- Accounting or Finance Degree Required
- Minimum 5+ years of relevant work experience
- CPA or CIA Designation required
- Audit experience at a public company – preferred
- Overnight travel may be 20-30%, or as job requires
- Internal Audit, Public Accounting or Consulting experience a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.