Manager of Content Strategy & Production
Fortune 200 company looking for a proven content strategist with a successful track record of 7+ years of improving content within ecommerce. Have you dominated this space in retail and contributed to an increase of site conversions, increased organic traffic growth and reduced customer friction? Have you managed a team of content producers: content writers, editors and SEO specialists? If so, we want to hear from you.
Content Strategy & Planning
- Develops content strategy roadmap, standards and workflow
- Manages the production team’s deliverables to ensure timely publication
- Implements and guides team direction for url taxonomy
- Adapts and meets strict editorial calendar deadlines
- Analyzes post content deployments to gauge customer adoption / customer sentiment
- Conducts research and generating ideas for new, relevant, and timely industry-related topics
- Creates, edit and approve meaningful content that is engaging for clients and drives business
- Writes product and category content and long and short form articles and other content
- Authors and enhances SEO titles & descriptions that are appealing to the consumer and are structured to boost site rankings
- Optimizes content for SEO, based on keyword priorities
- Tracks and adds value for meeting for weekly, and monthly content goals
- Maintains NAPA brand voice and editorial standards across all content
- Enhances content formatting, headlines, and hyperlinks to finished content using HTML or CMS tools
- Grows production team department of writers, editors, and production specialist
- Develops subject matter expertise of NAPAs brands, product lines, and customers
- Maintains knowledge of competitive landscape and digital innovations.
- Communicates project and issue status effectively, consistently, and proactively
- Manages and coordinates the needs of the production team resolve blockers
- Helps continuous improvement of the content production process
Requirements / Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, communication, marketing, or other relevant area
- 7+ years’ experience in writing copy, proofing and editing
- Proven knowledge of content strategy and content evolution processes including copywriting/editing and web production processes
- Relevant experience / interest in cars or the automotive experience
- Leadership experience managing a team that combines strategy & execution
- 5+ years’ experience using an enterprise web-content publishing systems (hybris preferred)
- Proven experience with HTML, word and excel
- Knowledge of search engine optimization best practices and techniques.
- Experience with SEO tools and plugins is a plus: Brightedge, SEMRush, RankMath GSC
- Excellent task management, communication and collaboration skills
- Skilled in Adobe Analytics/Google Analytics
- Ability to learn quickly and keep up with a fast-paced content production processes
- Ability to meet tight deadlines while working independently to manage multiple projects
- Experience working with multi-language web sites (Spanish and French is a plus)
- Examples of work, link to portfolio
This role provides a unique opportunity for a digital strategist with a strong writing and editorial background to help grow and manage our content production team. He/she will play an important role in helping to connect with customers and grow digital organic traffic and revenue for the NAPA brand within Genuine Parts Company. This person will be a member of the Automotive Parts Group digital department and will serve a key role on the Content Production Team. As a Content Strategy & Production Manager, this employee will manage a team of SEO specialists, editors, writers and others in ecommerce, product and marketing to implement site content strategy and while making learning about and buying auto parts, tools and accessories an easy and fun process.
Where permitted by applicable law, successful applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to start date. COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment, subject to an approved accommodation, and proof of vaccination will be required on or prior to start date.
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.