- Automotive Group
- Industrial Group
- Career Areas
- Working Here
- Social Impact
- Students & Grads
Under general supervision, the Senior Accountant is responsible for assisting in the day-to-day maintenance of a complete and accurate general ledger and in preparing financial reports. Responsibilities include recording journal entries, performing account reconciliations and variance analyses. Motion Industries offers an excellent benefits package which includes options for healthcare coverage, 401(k) plan, tuition reimbursement, vacation, sick and holiday pay.
- Performs procedures relating to the accounting function that help ensure effective and efficient operation of the department.
- Ensures general ledger accounts are maintained in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Prepares journal entries on general ledger accounts.
Prepares balance sheet reconciliations, ensuring appropriate and timely resolution of reconciling items.
- Evaluates trends, identifies and investigates unusual or unexpected account variances and communicates results to department. Makes recommendations to resolve issues and makes corrections.
- Assists with periodic procedures related to inventory processes. Assists with accounting processes related to acquired companies. Performs ad hoc analysis and other accounting research as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Typically requires a bachelor's degree in accounting and three (3) to five (5) years of related experience. Master's degree in business, accounting or finance preferred.
- Professional, self-motivated employee with excellent interpersonal skills. Exemplary work ethic and decision making ability.
- Strong attention to organization, detail and accuracy.
Ability to manage multiple responsibilities and projects.
Excellent communication and presentation skills to all levels of employees.
- Excellent time management skills to meet deadlines and produce accurate work under time constraints.
- Advanced user of Microsoft Excel. Ability to learn various software packages and process workflows. Solid knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures as relates to general ledger and GAAP accounting. PeopleSoft and Blackline experience preferred.
- Ability to build effective relationships and interact with a variety of people and departments.
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.