2nd Shift Slitter Operator -Trient Technologies
Purpose of the Job:
The Slitter Operator is responsible for producing quality rolls of insulation. The incumbent will have a working knowledge of tools, measurement instruments and a basic understanding of blueprints in order to produce required material.
This position is for 2nd shift.
- Examine completed work pieces for defects and/or flaws
- Measure completed work pieces to verify conformance to specifications by utilizing calipers, scales, rulers, micrometers, etc.
- Set up and operate machinery to shear, slit, bend or straighten continuous lengths of material
- Accurately record all shipment data (weight, charges, space availability, etc.)
- Ability to properly measure and set knives accordingly and program operating machinery as required
- Verify consistency of information between the order and set-up sheet
- Label all material neatly and accurately
- Reviews paperwork for job run
- Performs typical production functions to include: operating equipment, moving material, verifying dimensions
- Slit materials to requirements
- Tear down of materials
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations
Qualifications to Meet Minimum Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED
- One to three years of related experience
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs.
- Ability to read and use calipers and scales
- Ability to operate a forklift
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Able to work in a team environment and fulfilling objectives with minimum direct supervision
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.