- Automotive Group
- Industrial Group
- Career Areas
- Working Here
- Social Impact
- Students & Grads
Senior Technical Accountant
Summary Job Description
- Perform and document technical accounting research related to complex transactions at the Company’s subsidiaries.
- Perform and document quarterly/annual controls.
- Perform and document impairment assessments, including the annual goodwill impairment testing.
- Support the Technical Accounting and Research department with other ad hoc research, analysis, and documentation.
- Assist with technical due diligence for M&A transactions.
- Assist with quarterly and annual financial reporting for the company.
- Facilitates interactions with internal and external auditors on all walkthrough, internal control and substantive testing related to areas of responsibility.
- Reports to Technical Accounting Director.
- Provides technical accounting review and support to the company’s subsidiaries to ensure compliance with US GAAP.
- Ad hoc technical accounting tasks/memos.
- Support certain quarterly and year-end financial reporting responsibilities.
- Promotes teamwork between finance groups and departments.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- 2+ years of related experience
- Public accounting experience preferred (Big 4 a plus)
- Familiarity with variable interest entities, derivatives, business combination guidance preferred
- Supervisory experience
- Strong research and problem-solving skills
- Detail oriented
- Excellent computer skills, especially with Excel
- Excellent oral/written communication skills
- Strong work ethic
- Team player
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.