This position collects and interprets data to evaluate existing and potential products and serviceable markets. It is the responsibility of marketing analysts to identify and monitor competitors and research market conditions and/ or trends in the industry that may affect sales. The data collected will assist product managers as they formulate the basis of the company's marketing plan, which aims to focus its resources on improving sales and gaining advantage over competitors.
- Create databases and capture market data.
- Perform extensive market research, evaluate market penetration, and analyze competitors.
- Analyze marketing metrics to identify cause and effect relationships.
- Identify new market opportunities.
- Recommend positive financial outcomes to increase profitability.
- Evaluate demographics, prices, distribution channels, etc.
- Determine brand perceptions and reputations.
- Complete concept-testing for new products.
- Analyze our inventory management solutions platform by customer and specific category to help simplify the selling approach and grow the number of customers that participate in the program.
- Examine our inventory management solution’s return on investment.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, marketing, or statistics preferred
- Be familiar with advanced statistical analysis and research methodologies, along with common computer programs.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (specifically Excel and Access)
- SAP and Oracle experience/ familiarity is plus
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Detail oriented and ability to multi-task
- Comfortable communication with all levels of management and employees
- Strong project management, planning and organizational skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.