DevOps Infrastructure Engineer
The DevOps Infrastructure Engineer serves as a bridge between the development, security, infrastructure, and operations teams primarily in on-boarding new technologies. This role uses a collaborative approach to identify and optimize the interdependencies between these teams. Motion Industries offers an excellent benefits package which includes options for healthcare coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, vacation, sick, and holiday pay.
- Collaborates with multiple teams to securely design and improve the deployment of new technologies, software, & solutions.
- Identifies interdependencies and productivity barriers between the development, infrastructure, security, and operations teams.
- Identifies opportunities to automate operations activities that slow the overall delivery process.
- Creates architectural diagrams, design specifications, and support documentation.
- Assists in application & infrastructure integration on multi-platform systems.
- Assists in the development, support, planning, & hardening of systems and applications infrastructure.
- Understands security & firewall implications on designs.
- Ensures the availability and configuration of supported systems meets the desired SLA’s.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Typically requires a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other IS or CS concentration and at least three (3) to five (5) years of experience in application design and development or cyber security or and equivalent combination.
- Experience with firewalls and network security
- Experience supporting large server infrastructures.
- Ability to work with VMware, databases, and networks.
- Experience with continuous code deployment, test-driven development, and release management.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work with development, infrastructure and operations teams.
- Understands cloud-based application integrations and software as a service implementations.
Where permitted by applicable law, successful applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to start date. COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment, subject to an approved accommodation, and proof of vaccination will be required on or prior to start date.
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.