Business Development Manager APACHE
AG Belt fabricates round hay baler belts for many of the biggest names in agriculture, offering our innovative, high quality products and superior fabrication capabilities through our OEM and dealer network partnerships. As a business unit of Apache Inc. and Motion Industries, AG Belt is committed to being the go-to resources for related agricultural and baling products, and development of better baling solutions.
The Business Development Manager will be responsible for identifying and developing long term strategic business relationships with Original Equipment Manufacturers and distributors within an assigned territory and with particular focus on international accounts. This position leads the development of new business opportunities that support AG Belt’s international growth strategy. The Business Development Manager will work closely with marketing, sales, and product management teams to achieve established sales goals and implement business development initiatives that maximize and grow AG Belt’s footprint and generate bottom line revenue for the Company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop new business opportunities with Original Equipment Manufacturers, distributors, and other potential customers at all stages of the sales cycle to include targeting, prospecting and presenting compelling business propositions.
- Work effectively with mid and senior level managers, marketing, technical staff, and production managers to develop long term strategic relationships.
- Prepare and present powerful, persuasive sales presentations that effectively demonstrate the value proposition of AG Belt’s products and solutions.
- Develop and maintain a robust sales pipeline toward targeted entities to continuously grow the business and generate revenue.
- Effectively manage large scale, complex contracts negotiations and close new business deals with Original Equipment Manufacturers, distributors, and other potential customers, working closely with the General Manager.
- Close new business deals by coordinating requirements; develop and negotiate contracts; and integrate contract requirements with business operations.
- Collaborate with marketing, sales, and product management teams and other support teams to ensure successful implementations.
- Maintain consistent sales growth by continuously establishing new accounts and maintaining existing accounts.
- Develop and execute a strategic business plan that meets or exceeds established sales goals and supports Company revenue and profitability targets.
- Plan and conduct sales calls/activities for enhanced customer relations including presentation delivery and participate in joint vendor/customer meetings.
- Work with internal departments on product feasibility, availability, pricing, presentation materials, and more.
- Overcome objections to close sales arrangements within Company parameters;
- Identify innovative and creative product solutions for new and existing customers. Collaboratively lead the development of these products through both internal and external engineering and marketing stakeholders.
- Maintain high level of information flow within Salesforce CRM including customer contacts, new opportunities, updates to existing opportunities, etc.
- Make front-line assessment of market conditions and advise company management and marketing of findings.
- Build and maintain ongoing awareness of new products and services, competitor activities, and other research.
- Monitor changing customer needs including technology drivers, competition and market forces to communicate and collaborate on sales opportunities and threats.
- Provide monthly and annual forecasts.
- Attend company sponsored training, vendor training, and maintain appropriate status regarding Apache University curriculum.
- Maintain accurate records, including sales call reports, expense reimbursement forms, and other documentation.
- Attend work regularly and predictably and uphold Company values in all work aspects.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Possess Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of professional selling experience with proven success or equivalent years of education and experience.
Skills and Abilities
Excellent written and verbal communication and customer relations skills; skillful listening, presentation, problem solving, negotiation, and follow-up skills with customers’ management, technical staff and purchasing agents; proficiently use the internet, primary Microsoft applications, and Salesforce CRM software; organized account and time management; and ability to learn, discern, and explain technical product specifications and applications. Demonstrated ability to convert prospects and close deals while maintaining established sales quotas. Professional demeanor, selling style and appearance. Success in qualifying opportunities involving multiple key decision makers. Strong knowledge of retail and/or wholesale sales principles, methods, practices, and techniques. Strong problem identification and objection resolution skills. Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with customers. Able to perform basic calculations and mathematical figures such as discounts, interest, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume. Ability to work individually and as part of a team. High level of integrity and work ethic. Possess a valid driver license, acceptable DMV record and automobile insurability.
Frequent travel is required (up to 75% of time), including travel by car and plane, both domestic and international. Ability to travel, attend and conduct presentations. Exposure to variable weather conditions is likely as is a broad range of customer job sites and plants.
Requires use of hands with regular speed and accurate to operate office equipment; ability to drive a vehicle; frequent talking, hearing, sitting, standing, and walk; close, distance, and peripheral vision; and occasional lifting of items up to 50 lbs.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. But, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position. Apache Inc. reserves the right to change, amend, add, delete and otherwise assign any and all duties, responsibilities and position titles as it deems necessary to meet the needs of the business.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.