Accounts Receivable Specialist
The AR Specialist I provides Accounts Receivable and general accounting support to both internal and external customers. Motion Industries offers an excellent benefits package which includes options for healthcare coverage, 401(k), tuition, reimbursement, vacation, sick, and holiday pay.
- Provides support in collections and AR cleanup efforts while working closely with branches.
- Contacts external customers to expedite payment & collections processes.
- Works within third party payment portals to ensure all invoices have been submitted to external customers both accurately and timely, meeting all customer requirements.
- Provides appropriate documentation such as proofs of delivery to internal and external customers to support invoice validity.
- Provides reporting to both internal and external customers.
- Processes incoming payments on an exception basis.
- Processes credit card payments.
- Assists external customers in setting up EFT payments.
- Researches and corrects misapplied and/or unapplied payments.
- Identifies issues preventing collections and communicate with appropriate departments.
- Works with external customers to provide remittances.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Typically requires a high school diploma or GED and zero (0) to two (2) years of related experience or an equivalent combination.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Strong customer service and communication skills.
- Reliable, organized, detailed and focused.
- Ability to multitask and manage time well.
- Experience with Peoplesoft is preferred.
Where permitted by applicable law, successful applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to start date. COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment, subject to an approved accommodation, and proof of vaccination will be required on or prior to start date.
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.