- Automotive Group
- Industrial Group
- Career Areas
- Working Here
- Social Impact
- Students & Grads
Director of Inventory Planning & Replenishment
Come be a leader on NAPA’s Inventory Planning & Replenishment (IPR) team, a world leader in automotive and industrial product aftermarket parts. Help us continue to build on a 100-year legacy of excellence as we push to build one of the best supply chains in the world. Our mission is to deliver the right part, to the right place, at the right time, in order to service and repair millions of cars each year. To do this, we need talented individuals to bring their passion and drive to the NAPA team.
The Director, IPR is a highly strategic and visible role, aligned to Category (Merchandising) executive leadership, and responsible for the overall inventory position and productivity of multiple product types. This person will lead a large team made up of Inventory Planning & Replenishment leaders/managers and professionals. These teams are dedicated to meeting service and inventory productivity objectives for their assigned NAPA product categories.
The Director must be able to influence and communicate effectively across multiple levels of the organization, possess strong decision-making and analytical capabilities, provide leadership while fostering a team atmosphere, and help resolve issues that arise in the course of business.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide supply chain thought leadership and support to Category (Merchandizing) executives
- Provide oversight, leadership, and guidance to a team of IPR managers and professionals while improving overall business and supply chain performance (sales, margin, turns, network inventory productivity, etc.)
- Develop options for and make recommendations to executive leadership on inventory stocking and channel management strategies
- Achieve and exceed customer service targets while relentlessly driving inventory efficiency and productivity
- Collaborate with NAPA leaders, Vendors, and other partners to ensure alignment to the overall business strategy.
- Identify working capital and expense reduction opportunities.
- Manage team(s) accountable for service, inventory, and excess metrics:
- Directly manage IPR leaders and through them, teams of high performing supply chain associates
- Foster environment of data-based decision making, continuous improvement and waste reduction.
- Develop your team for career growth.
- Represent supply chain in product and business strategy discussions.
- Model and articulate trade-offs for key decision makers.
Key Performance Metrics:
- Service Metrics (in-stock, inventory health, network fill rates, etc.)
- Inventory Turnover and investment metrics
- Excess Reduction
- Manage Talent
- Working Capital and Expense Reduction
- 15+ years of supply chain, logistics or operations experience
- At least 5 years of supervisory/managerial experience leading high performing teams
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience. MBA or advanced degree a plus
- Expert level understanding of supply chain and inventory management
- Demonstrated results within an Inventory Planning & Replenishment Organization
- Deep understanding of key tools for Planning (Channel Management, Stocking Strategies, etc.), Productivity measurements (inventory velocity), and Inventory Forecasting
- Demonstrated experience analyzing complex supply chain problems, scenario modeling, and articulating tradeoffs to business
- Expertise with large data sets, analytical modeling, and data visualization tools preferred
- Strong verbal, presentation, and written communication skills with capacity to tailor style to the audience
- Interpersonal skills necessary to sell and influence across the organization
Further Job Details
- Manage/Lead/People Development – 50%
- Lead a team of Managers and IPR professionals
- Articulate departmental vision/objectives and challenge team to develop execution strategy.
- Align personal motivators with business objectives.
- Reinforce a culture of continuous improvement.
- Sell and influence across the organization to gain support for initiatives.
- Supply Chain Optimization – 20%
- Collaborate with Category (Merchant) leaders, Vendors, and other stakeholders to ensure alignment with business strategies.
- Optimize inventory investments while meeting and exceeding service goals
- Collaborate with business to identify opportunities that improve sales, profit, turns, and working capital objectives.
- Develop supply plans to support price changes, promotions, and seasonal events.
- Supply Chain Management 20%
- Serve as a partner and supply chain expert for Category (Merchandizing) Vice President(s), Division Vice President(s), and other functional leaders
- Own supply chain relationships with key vendors. Attend regular meetings and identify areas of collaboration to reduce waste and improve performance.
- Full accountability for service, turn over, excess, expense and working capital performance metrics
- Support Business Development – 10%
- Represent Supply Chain during product and business management discussions. Model and articulate tradeoffs for key decisions.
- Collaborate with Product, Sales and Suppliers on all new product introductions and vendor changeovers to ensure the supply chain is positioned to support business execution.
- Provide analysis and recommendations
- Monitor and communicate supply chain performance to key stakeholders
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.