Business Intelligence Data Analyst
Business Intelligence Data Analyst
The Business Intelligence Data Analyst designs and develops software-based data modeling and visualizations. The BI Analyst reports to the Director and works closely with executive leadership. The BI Analyst assists the Director in development of the strategy and processes needed to deploy business intelligence data modeling throughout all of finance and accounting.
- Collaborates with and supports Motion Industries’ Finance leadership by designing proactive, value-added data models to provide financial insight into company performance and data driven decision-making.
- Responsible for end-to-end design and maintenance of Qlik data sets, data models, reports, dashboards and visualizations in support of all finance and accounting functions, including the identification of the most impactful layout and presentation of key performance metrics in easy to use self-service dashboards.
- Designs, develops and optimizes Qlik data models for Finance/Accounting and other departments. Assists in the development and maintenance of TM1 data cubes.
Enhances business insights and decision making with robust, intuitive data visualizations.
- Establishes and implements best practices for data modeling & visualization. Ensures data accuracy. Builds and manages relationships with other departmental stakeholders. Communicates effectively with executive and departmental management.
- Proactively seeks out opportunities to increase business knowledge and create visibility within the organization.
Generates new ideas to streamline processes and collaborates with other departments to create operational efficiencies.
- Leverages transactional data from ERP applications to extract, transform and model into reporting and analytics solutions. Coordinates incremental creation and structure of QVD files from disparate data sources.
Partners with technical IT team to develop security standards for Qlik applications and usage of QVD files containing sensitive financial information.
- Partners with other department leaders in developing and/or improving processes and documentation, recommending changes that lead to the adoption of world class processes. Cultivates professional relationships with both internal and external business partners such as with Accounting, Treasury, Operations, IT, Human Resources, and others to develop, optimize and maintain processes and solutions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Typically requires a bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, information systems management or a related field plus three (3) years of related work experience.
- Knowledge of database design techniques and advanced SQL skills required.
- Two (2) years of experience with data visualization and business intelligence tools required.
- Proficiency in Python, R, or other statistics platform preferred.
- Professional presence with excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact with management at corporate and department levels. Strong partnership skills, across all levels of management, with ability to influence and challenge decisions and processes.
- Forward-thinking in implementing tools and techniques to improve analytics, driving better business decisions.
Self-motivated and able to independently manage multiple responsibilities concurrently. Strong analytical skills and the ability to propose positive business solutions. Driver of results, developer and influencer of peers.
- Excellent communication skills; verbal and written required. Ability to collaborate within a team, managing team dynamics and relationships.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.