- Automotive Group
- Industrial Group
- Career Areas
- Working Here
- Social Impact
- Students & Grads
Motion Industries is a leading distributor of industrial automation products and services. We are seeking an Electro-Mechanical Assembler at our Rochester NY location. Motion Ai in Rochester provides robotic and motion control solutions for factory automation. We work with industry leaders in the biomedical, semiconductor, electronic assembly, defense, and general-purpose automation markets.
Motion Industries offers an excellent benefits package that includes healthcare coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, vacation, sick, and holiday pay. We are a benefits rich organization and believe in investing in our employees by offering defined career paths and training programs to ensure your success. We offer amazing perks like discounts on everything from appliances to wireless products.
We are in search of self-motivated, experienced individuals with the following skills:
- Utilization of work instructions, bill of materials, blueprints and schematics to produce zero defect assemblies and/or subassemblies for a variety of mechanical and electro-mechanical assembly operations.
- Following methods and/or sequence of operations, you will perform such tasks as wiring, component installation, kit assembly, inspection.
- Crimping and soldering
- Read and understand electrical/mechanical schematics
- Understand measurements and tolerances
- Assemble parts or units, and position, align, and fasten units to assemblies, subassemblies, or frames, using hand tools and power tools
- Connect cables, tubes, and wiring, according to specifications
- Work independently from work instructions and on the job training
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong technical and verbal / written communication skills, as well as the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- High School diploma or equivalent
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.