Market Research Analyst
At Motion Industries, our Marketing Research Analyst is a critical resource for the Company’s strategic planning effort. Primarily focused on providing research and analytical reports on market, business, and company trends, this position supports company sales efforts/campaigns including targeted customer programs. Manages and helps maintain lead analyses to enhance our in-store and digital marketing performance while driving and supporting the next stage processes on user experience that increases consumer engagement and acquisition.
- Research and development with data and reports on business trends for market development (i.e. specific industries)
- Provide in-depth analysis of growing industries
- Follow and report industry innovations and competitor activity
- Produce Sales reports for both Executive Management and Field Sales Management
- Manage third party prospect, customer and market demand database maintenance
- Perform Branch, Group, and Division customer analysis
- Support sales marketing promotions with customer behavior trends and leads
- Analyzing and optimizing digital campaign performance with high attention to detail
- Provide data analysis and strategic insights to help accelerate the sales growth and profitability of the digital purchase experience
- Analyze online statistics and identify areas to optimize online marketing performance.
- Research and report on consumers, competitors, and industrial markets for guidance and marketing/sales implementation
- Research and analysis customer data (I,e customer demographics, preferences, needs, and buying data to determine buying trends) for digital marketing
- Daily/weekly monitoring and reporting, ad hoc deep dives, and leading meetings to share key data points and recommendations.
- Interface with associations and economic data sources to provide economic trend data as needed
- Devise and implement methods for collecting data; such as surveys, questionnaires, and opinion polls
- Generate sales opportunities to the field through customer, prospect, and territory data and analysis
- College graduate – Bachelor degree required with a focus in Economics, Marketing, Market Research, Finance, or Statistics
- Knowledge of economic trends and global strategies
- High proficiencies in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Familiar with Microsoft Access
- Strong organizational and time-management skills; excellent research capabilities and data assimilation
- Ability to interact with primary and secondary data sources
- Ability to read and assimilate data and produce summary reports with graphs and charts for executives and the field
- Displays strong analytical skills and possesses the ability to translate data into business strategies that deliver measurable results
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.