- Automotive Group
- Industrial Group
- Career Areas
- Working Here
- Social Impact
- Students & Grads
Supply Chain Replenishment Buyer
The Replenishment Analyst will work in a fast paced and dynamic environment, responsible for inventory productivity for a product type or area of the network.
You will work closely with Field Operations, Category Managers, Marketing, Global Sourcing, and vendors to deliver high levels of product availability while managing inventory investment.
The successful Candidate must be able to communicate effectively (both verbally and in written form), access, analyze, and generate insight from large data sets, while working as part of a global team.
Summary Of Essential Job Functions
- Own service and inventory performance for assigned areas of responsibility.
- Manage the daily replenishment process from order generation through receiving.
- Identify problems within the supply chain, perform root cause analysis and drive cross functional collaboration to identify and implement solutions.
- Act as primary conduit between supply chain and vendors. Manage vendor performance reviews and facilitate regular touchpoints.
- Monitor supply chain performance, recommend, and execute remedial actions
- Participate in and help lead strategic projects to improve supply chain / vendor performance, enhance financial outcomes, and increase efficiency
Key Performance Metrics
- Supply Chain Service Levels
- Inventory Turnover and Working Capital
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain or:
- Supply chain knowledge typically acquired through completion of undergraduate supply chain program at leading institution.
- Critical thinking and analytical skills typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor’s program at leading institution.
- 1-3 years of related experience in supply chain or vendor management
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively
- Strategic thinker, problem solver, doer, with a bias towards action
- High level of proficiency analytical and decision-making tools such as MS Access, Excel, Qlik/Tableau, SQL.
- Working knowledge of ERP, Demand Forecasting, Inventory Management, PO Management tools (JD Edwards, Manhattan, Oracle, SAP, etc.)
- Supply Chain certifications (ASCM, CPIM, CSCP, LSS, etc.) preferred
Manage Replenishment Process: - 30%
Drive Supply Chain Performance – 50%
Project Management and Process Improvement – 20%
Travel: 10-25%. Occasional overnight
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.