- Automotive Group
- Industrial Group
- Career Areas
- Working Here
- Social Impact
- Students & Grads
Entry Level Recruiter
U.S. AUTOMOTIVE GROUP
The Recruiter must have full-cycle recruiting experience, from talent sourcing and attracting candidates to interviewing and hiring great employees for assigned Division(s). A successful recruiter will collaborate with hiring managers on a regular basis and proactively identify future hiring needs in a fast-paced work environment. This individual should also be able to attract candidates using various sources, like social media networks and employee referrals. Ultimately, the responsibilities of the Recruiter are to ensure our company attracts, hires and retains the best employees, while growing a strong talent pipeline.
Position Performance Measures:
- Time to fill
- Retention of new hires
- Develop and maintain a strong talent pipeline
Responsibilities: The following section contains the primary responsibilities for this position. Job holder is responsible for performing any other duties as assigned by management.
- Owns full-cycle recruiting process to hire top talent and help achieve company recruiting goals.
- Partners and consults with hiring managers for role intake to gain a clear view of their hiring needs, identify requirements and target specific skillsets
- Sources excellent candidates with outreach, referrals, events, content, and your own creative means. Contacts passive candidates via high volume direct marketing.
- Builds skilled labor talent pools by researching and contacting community services, colleges, employment agencies, etc. Develops and nurtures relationships with community agencies for hiring.
- Schedules interviews, conducts phone screens and makes recommendations to hiring managers in a high volume/fast-paced environment.
- Develops sourcing strategies for hourly roles by identifying sourcing needs, on time delivery and defining acceptable service levels.
- Prepares recruitment materials and post jobs to appropriate job boards/social media/colleges & universities/etc.
- Attends and participates in college job fairs and recruiting sessions where appropriate.
- Crafts a winning talent strategy that leverages our team, brand, and product.
- Implements interview processes that are effective, delightful, and memorable.
- Manages a robust candidate pipeline with metrics, funnel analysis, and continual improvement.
- Ensures a positive flow of applicants to the company including outside and internal job fairs
- Follows all hiring processes and procedures to stay compliant with laws and regulations
- Works with HR to create best practices for recruiting and participates in company-wide recruiting initiatives.
- Produces any reports or information as requested
- Maintain confidential files
- Promote company’s reputation as “best place to work”
- May be assigned additional duties, depending on experience
Experience, Education, and Abilities:
- High School diploma; Bachelor Degree preferred
- 2+ years of full-cycle recruiting experience
- Experience with an Applicant Tracking System preferred (JobVite or similar)
- Outstanding organizational + communication skills
- Ability to establish relationships with all levels in the company.
- Intermediate skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Experience coordinating and scheduling; preferably within a recruiting environment
- Ability to work well under pressure while maintaining composure and positive outlook
- Excellent organization, planning, detail orientation, and time management skills
- Strong understanding and aptitude of technology, with hands-on experience using online programs, social media, and other relevant tools
- Ability to prioritize while managing time efficiently and meeting tight deadlines
- Ability to identify, analyze, and solve problems with minimal direction and confidence to make decision
- Team player who can also work independently and multitask.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job is typically performed in an office environment under usual office working conditions. The work requires the ability to sit for prolonged periods at desk and working on a computer; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear; specific vision abilities required by this job includes Close vision and Distance vision.
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.