Automotive Machine Shop Machinist FT Latham
Uses specialized equipment to repair or manufacture complex components and parts to strict tolerances. Works from instructions and also fabricates custom components.
Position Performance Measures:
• Fabrication efficiency
Responsibilities: The following section contains the primary responsibilities for this position. Job holder is responsible for performing any other duties as assigned by management.
• Reads and follows work instructions. Also works without instructions on occasion to manufacture custom components.
• Sets up, operates, and programs machine tools to repair or manufacture parts and components.
• Understands how to use all machines in shop without guidance or direction.
• Performs preventative maintenance on shop equipment.
• Utilizes precision measuring tools to inspect and assure items are in conformance to blueprints and other repair data.
• Maintains a safe and audit-ready work area.
• Works with and trains Trainees and less-experienced Machinists as needed.
Experience, Education, and Abilities:
• High School Diploma, Technical School certificate, or equivalent work experience required.
• 5-7 years previous experience in a machine shop on a variety of machines.
• Knowledge of machining principles on materials.
• Machining processes, tools and mathematics.
• Safe use of shop equipment, processes and measuring tools.
• Microsoft Office Basics
• Skill to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
• Ability to read and interpret blueprints and mechanical drawings.
• Ability to read standard gauges and other measuring devices.
• Ability to read, comprehend and write instructions, short correspondence and memos.
• Ability to learn industry-related software.
• Must be able to work in a noisy environment.
• Ability to work safely around hazardous materials.
• Exposure to heavy machinery.
• Must use personal protective equipment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.