- Automotive Group
- Industrial Group
- Career Areas
- Working Here
- Social Impact
- Students & Grads
DevOps Infrastructure Engineer
The DevOps engineer will serve as a bridge between the development, infrastructure and operations teams. The engineer will use a collaborative approach to identify and optimize the interdependencies between these teams. Motion Industries offers an excellent benefits package which includes options for healthcare coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, vacation, sick, and holiday pay.
- Collaborates with multiple teams to design and improve the software deployment pipeline.
- Understanding of security / firewall implications on designs.
- Understanding of cloud-based application integrations and software as a service implementations.
- Understanding and experience with Open Shift, Kubernetes and other container based environments.
- Identify interdependencies and productivity barriers between the development, infrastructure and operations teams.
- Identifies opportunities to automate operations activities that slow the delivery process.
- Create architectural diagrams, design specifications, and support documentation.
- Understanding of full stack design.
- Assist in application integration on multi-platform systems.
- Assist in the development, support & planning of systems and applications infrastructure.
- Ensure projects are delivered on time and according to specifications.
- Responsible for informing manager when tasks fall behind schedule
- Ensure the availability and configuration of supported systems meets the desired SLA’s.
- Collaborate with other departments to determine and implement solutions most beneficial to the company.
- Use standard coding techniques to ensure application performance meets requirements.
- Encouraged to suggest performance improvement changes
- Strong interpersonal skills to work with development, infrastructure and operations teams.
- BS in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field or equivalent work experience.
- 5 – 7 years experience with systems engineering or administration.
- Experience with VMware, OpenShift, container based applications, databases, and networks.
- Experience supporting large server infrastructures.
- Experience with continuous code deployment, test-driven development, and release management.
- Understanding of network protocols server communications.
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.