Digital User Experience Designer
About Genuine Parts Company
Imagine going to work every day knowing that you are part of something special; part of something that matters and that makes a real difference. Imagine working for a company whose reputation for excellence paves the way for more success. Imagine being part of a winning team where people don’t just work ‘jobs’, they build long-lasting, highly-satisfying careers.
Genuine Parts Company (GPC) has risen to the top of our industry by understanding the needs of those we serve – our customers and our employees – and then working hard, and smart, to meet those needs.
The true source of that success is the effort, commitment and intelligence of our nearly 40,000 employees. Across all of our business units, in locations worldwide, the people of GPC have diverse backgrounds and talents. But it’s what we share that makes us unique.
CX Designer is responsible for the design and execution of creative concepts for leading edge digital solutions. You will work primarily with senior experience designers to create wireframes, user flows and UI designs for a Fortune 200 company. Project work spans across web, mobile and in store channels that are engaging and valuable. You will work alongside the customer experience team helping drive the voice of the customer across GPC.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
- Translate feedback into concrete user-centered design solutions
- Educate team members and stakeholders on usability best practices
- Keep up to date with industry trends in all fields that relate to ux/ui including mobile design, IA, technology, responsive design and B2B standards.
- Initiate/maintain consistent team-wide design brainstorming sessions to encourage creativity and idea generation.
User Experience Audit & Heuristics
- Assess an existing site/property for usefulness, usability, visual design, content and branding with guidance and oversight.
- Leverage site usability hueristics and best practices.
- Organize and perform user testing sessions.
- Identify and document meaningful patterns from the findings.
- Help and manage stakeholder interviews.
- Create A/B test experiments to continue site optimization.
- Analyze and interpret data into appropriate feedback to share with management chain.
- Perform field research with end users to understand their working environment and to discover / implement important design details that people may not realize they need.
- Elicit constructive feedback from end users using common informal usability techniques and methodologies.
- Utilize low-fidelity, medium-fidelity and high-fidelity prototypes across the different stages of the design process.
- QA implemented solutions for ongoing site maintenance.
- Define and document the information architecture needed to support projects, including: Site map, categories, page templates, content, navigation, page elements, links, callable actions, workflow diagrams, user scenarios, flowcharts, storyboards
- Develop visual representations of the interactions, site layout, naviation, controls, workflows and prioritizations between the user and the system.
- Annotate wireframe details for development and creative purposes.
- Participate in an agile/iterative approach to support site maintenance and improvements on an ongoing basis.
- Prior experience using Sketch, Illustrator, Photoshop and/or Omnigraffle, Keynote & Powerpoint
- A solid familiarity with a variety of processes and approaches focusing on user-centered design methods.
- Demonstrates a detail-oriented mind set. Little details are important!
- Excellent communication skills. We constantly work in a team environment and discussion and collaboration is a daily activity
- Three or more years of experience and proven track record
- Strong online portfolio to be submitted and presented during interview
- Creative ideas with problem solving mindset
- Experience working in an agile/scrum development process
- Be open to receiving objective criticism and improving upon it
- Experience developing design deliverables to effectively communicate functional behavior to stakeholders
- A collaborative attitude and understanding that the best results often come from a team that communicates well together
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.