Coating Process Engineer
This is a 3rd shift position. This position is responsible for process optimization, methods improvements, and application of the Corporate Quality program to the operations of the coating plant. This responsibility includes improving overall productivity, and incorporating processes and methods which will assure the consistent production of products to meet or exceed required specification.
In addition this position, under the general direction of the Coating Engineering Manager, is responsible for the Tekra environmental and Hazardous waste programs.
- Provide planning, observation, direction to operators, technical record keeping, evaluation and recommendations for further action that improves product quality and manufacturing
- Develop procedures and methods to improve safety, mixing, set-up, clean-up, material handling, etc., and provide training for this to all appropriate personnel. 15%
- Determine root causes of production problems and develop corrective actions. 10%
- Communicate to and train personnel in process methods and other appropriate technical subjects. 10%
- Support new product development as needed. 10%
- Identify equipment problems and, as needed, assist and direct maintenance in their resolution. 10%
- Identify and designsor contract the design of equipment modifications to enhance manufacturing capabilities. 10%
- Provide technical support to Coating customers and administer the Tekra claims resolution process. 10%
- Maintain full familiarity with all state and federal environmental regulations and Tekra's methods, policies and procedures utilized to maintain full compliance. 10%
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Engineering Manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree in mechanical or chemical engineering
- Several years’ experience in manufacturing technical project work is preferred
- Knowledge of the Gravure coating process and/or slot die is a definite plus
- Ability to work with and communicate technical information to a wide group of customers, co-workers, and managers with varying technical comprehension
- Proficiency in the use of computers and various software applications
- Ability to aggressively support his/her conclusions and recommendations in a constructive, professional manner.
- Ability to work independently on multiple projects and duties
- Ability to work with and communicate technical information to a large group of co-workers and managers with varying technical comprehension.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.