- Automotive Group
- Industrial Group
- Career Areas
- Working Here
- Social Impact
- Students & Grads
Customer Care Project Specialist Intern
Are you ready to spend your summer as a part of something special? Imagine being with a company whose reputation for excellence paves the way for endless success. At Genuine Parts Company (GPC), people build long-lasting, highly satisfying careers and make a real difference in the community.
Our 11-week summer internship program will be in person in Atlanta (some remote workdays available) and run from May 22, 2023 – August 4, 2023. We are looking for several Customer Care Interns who will rotate through various teams within the department while learning about a global distribution organization.
Work alongside the customer care team to oversee assigned projects aimed at improving NOL & B2C customer experience. Provide support to the Director of Customer Care to deliver projects on time and on budget. Research, and provide analysis, recommendations, and competitive landscape for Voice of the Customer. (VOC)
Position Performance Measures:
- Reduction in complaint response times, escalations & repeat callers
- Delivery of special projects to the field with a high level of execution
- Improvement in Customer Satisfaction Score (CSAT)
- Support the Director of Customer Care on all aspects of assigned projects.
- Create and maintain project plans and timelines, including determining tasks, due dates, and milestones.
- Create and maintain a project calendar and assist with scheduling all project-related meetings and communications.
- Create and maintain project documentation.
- Ensure that appropriate actions are taken to resolve customers’ problems and concerns.
- Analyze customer complaints and issues related to GPC processes or services.
- Consult with the L1NOL customer service team on issues as needed.
What’s in it for you:
- Participate in biweekly Lunch and Learn events with company leaders
- Attend a Braves game and volunteer time with fellow interns
- Explore the history of the company through a multi-day orientation, complete with a tour of the Atlanta Distribution Center
- Present your summer project to fellow interns and GPC executives
What you’ll need:
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate program, seeking a degree in Engineering, Business, Economics, or a related field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
And if you have this, even better:
- Experience creating presentations, documentation, and visual aides
- Knowledge of Excel, reporting, and trends
- Passion for strategic business communication
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and proven ability to organize complex processes.
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage schedules.
- Ability to utilize multiple databases.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in using technical tools including Microsoft Office Products and a variety of other PC applications.
- Must work well independently and with a team.
Additional information for you:
GPC has great careers for people with all backgrounds and interests. So, if after reading this, you don’t think this is the perfect fit for you, check out the list of other opportunities we have at jobs.genpt.com.
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.