Responsibilities: The following section contains the primary responsibilities for this position. Job holder is responsible for performing any other duties as assigned by management.
- Research questions, interprets policies, and assists with review of compensation issues.
- Completes regular compensation audits and reports.
- Participate in market pricing activities, develops recommended salary ranges for new hires and promotions to ensure internal equity and external market competitiveness.
- Partner with third party on the administration of annual salary survey participation.
- Assist with modeling and cost analysis related to base salaries. Analyzes competitiveness of pay ranges/rates to market data and local conditions.
- Provides support for the annual salary planning process to include creation of merit workbooks, analysis, and costing of recommendations; partner with Payroll to implement increases.
- Partner with the Director, Compensation to complete annual bonus calculations based on financial results to include estimated accrual calculations and actual bonus payments, and work with the Payroll department to process payments.
- Responsible for the creation of annual pay plans and ensuring the documentation of signed plan. Tracks new hires, promotions, transfers, and terminations and sends updated plans as required.
- Assist with various compensation projects in conjunction with outside consultants.
- Provide support for the administrative activities of GPC’s Long-Term Incentive plan to include reporting, cost projections, annual grant and vesting communications, SAR exercises and system administration.
- Assist with the department’s annual budget.
Experience, Education, and Abilities:
- 1 -3 years’ experience as a Compensation Analyst
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent experience, required.
- Previous experience with online market pricing tool preferred.
- Knowledge of state and federal employee compensation laws and regulations
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Advanced excel and power point skills required.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects effectively.
- Work performed in a typical office environment.
- No travel anticipated.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.