Director, Corporate Environmental, Health and Safety
NAPA Auto Parts is seeking an experienced and energetic Director of Corporate Environmental, Health and Safety to join our headquarters Human Resources team, based out of Atlanta, Georgia. The Director of Corporate Environmental, Health and Safety is a pivotal member of the Human Resources team, supporting headquarters and field operations to maintain a safe work environment. If you seek a key leadership position with a stable company that offers opportunities to learn, train and grow your career, our Director of Corporate Environmental, Health and Safety position is the job for you!
Responsible for maintaining safe work environments for headquarters, company distribution centers and retail stores. Manages auditing process to identify potential hazards and implements changes to fix through communication, training, and follow through. Ensures company compliance with federal, state, and local laws regarding the environment, health and safety.
Position Performance Measures:
- Maintains company injury incident rates that reflect industry standards.
- Reduces workers compensation exposure and cost.
- Ensures OSHA and Environmental compliance at all locations. Should be familiar with state laws as well as federal.
- Manages third-party safety audit process to maintain OSHA compliance. Meets with account manager, performs annual reviews and updates of safety audit process, evaluates location safety audit results, and follows up on audit action plans for compliance. Travels to distribution centers and stores to participate and evaluate audit process and auditors.
- Develops and provides monthly safety materials to the distribution centers and operations. Incorporates information about monthly safety topic, designated monthly self-inspection, driver safety moment, and documentation that requires updates. Designs annual safety calendar to plan material.
- Performs annual review of all safety documentation for completion. Ensures written programs and templates are compliant with state, federal, and local laws.
- Manages safety toolbox and supports each location by arranging annual trips, either in person or with third-party vendor, to include training new coordinators, meeting with store coordinators, maintaining and replenishing safety materials, and conducting brief assessments of the tool for effectiveness.
- Oversees the safety training process which includes creating and leading monthly webinars for safety toolbox coordinators. Assesses online training modules periodically for needed updates and changes.
- Leads initiative to improve ergonomics in distribution centers and stores. Works with certified ergonomist to arrange site visits to assess certain jobs for improvement opportunities. Reviews ergonomists findings and possible solutions. Works with the operations team and field for implementation.
- Manages compliance related issues with federal and state OSHA agencies which include reporting responsibilities, dealing with inspections and citations, and helping locations maintain compliance.
- Attends company safety council meetings twice a year as company representative.
- Monitors execution of corporate safety initiatives from GPC. Assist operations with challenges involving the initiatives.
- Works with various vendors for smooth execution of safety related activities including, but not limited to wearable technology and safety shoe implementation.
Experience, Education, and Abilities:
- 5 years of experience working in health and safety.
- Bachelor’s Degree in safety management, or equivalent experience.
- Must have a working knowledge of all federal and state OSHA/EPA laws.
- Must have good presentation skills and be comfortable speaking in front of groups.
- Ability to interact effectively with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Solid written, verbal communication skills.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must be able to learn and work in web-based programs.
- Must be able to work in both a warehouse and office environment.
- Travels up to 60% of the time with several weeks out of the office.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.