Leading New England Automation company seeking an Engineering COOP. Exciting opportunity for an ambitious Engineering student to learn and develop skills required in today’s competitive job market. We are seeking an Engineering student (Mechanical, Electrical, or Manufacturing) to assist our production team. The ideal student should have some technical writing experience, mechanical aptitude and great attention to detail.
During the COOP the student will learn about:
- Manufacturing procedures are written and documented
- New Product Introduction (NPI) Process
- Understand cycle time and conducting time studies
- Develop jigs and fixtures to increase efficiency of manufacturing processes
- Engineering Change Orders (ECOs) - How they are generated and processed.
- Servo and Stepper motors function
- Optical Encoders
- Motor amplifiers
The student will be working side by side with the Manufacturing Engineer to learn the above skills. Above all we seek a student willing to learn that possesses a great work ethic. We look forward to discussing this opportunity with any interested candidates.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.