- Automotive Group
- Industrial Group
- Career Areas
- Working Here
- Social Impact
- Students & Grads
Interacts with customers to provide information in response to inquiries about products and
services and to handle and resolve complaints. Manage the accuracy of the inventory.
- Supervises direct reports to meet or exceed the DC’s goals and objectives.
- Confers with customers by telephone, email or in person to provide information.
- Supervises the keeping of records within a company standard system of customer interactions or transactions, recording details of inquiries, complaints, or comments, as well as actions taken.
- Resolves customers' shipping and delivery complaints by performing activities to resolve the problem.
- Obtains and examines all relevant information to assess validity of complaints and to determine possible causes.
- Contacts customers to respond to inquiries or to notify them of investigation results or any planned adjustments.
- Recommends improvements in products, services, delivery, shipping, or billing methods and procedures to prevent future problems.
- Schedules cycle counts for each inventory round and manage to completion deadline.
- Reviews and verifies inventory variances.
- Investigates and resolves inventory variances as appropriate.
- Approves and updates all cycle counts.
- Ensures RGN department receives and processes returned parts per applicable timeframe.
- Follows up on RGN workbenches’ open items to resolution.
- Trains and re-trains direct reports for success.
- Identifies stockroom issues where additional training is required.
- Creates and performs Over, Short & Damaged (OS&D) counts.
- Investigates and resolves OS&D claims.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
Experience, Education, and Abilities:
- HS Diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience a plus, with emphasis in related discipline
- (business, supply chain, accounting).
- 4 years + of relevant experience with customer relations, customer service, inventory
- control and accounting / back office with increasing levels of responsibility.
- 3 years + supervisory experience, or shows strong capability of supervisory skills.
- Must be able to coach all Associate levels of employees on DC processes.
- JD Edwards / PeopleSoft (AP/GL/Sales Order Entry/Customer Service Modules)
- experience is a plus.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Must be detail minded.
- Must be able to problem solve and make decisions
- Must have excellent phone and comunication skills
- Must have complaint handling skills.
- Able to speak clearly and listen attentively.
- Must be self-motivated.
- Document management systems experience is a plus.
- Experience with incident tracking systems a plus.
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.