At Motion Industries our Computer Operators are key members of our team. They provide the highest level of customer service by controlling and monitoring multi-platform resolution. They are also responsible for problem resolution and escalation. Motion offers an excellent benefits package that includes options for healthcare coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, vacation, sick, and holiday pay.
- Execute batch production schedules and monitor for abends and timely completion
- Enter Request for Service for each batch job abend and escalate to IT on call if needed
- Execute 'scripts' to monitor for service availability and proactive mainframe and AS/400 console monitoring for identifying, responding to, and escalating exceptions
- Monitor environmental controls system (Site Scan) for exceptions
- Recommend workflow improvements to supervisor
- Ensure hardware issues are identified and reported to the vendor
- Incorporate batch request jobs into the production schedule
- Shift turnover each morning and afternoon to communicate processing status with arriving shift
- Two to three years of experience in a large data center preferred
- Technical skills including: Foundational JCL/JES Commands, system restart procedures, experience with Automated Job Scheduling systems
- Reliability, organization, and attention to detail required
- High School diploma required
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.