- Automotive Group
- Industrial Group
- Career Areas
- Working Here
- Social Impact
- Students & Grads
As an Applications Engineer based out of our Rochester, NY branch you will partner with our sales and engineering teams to provide recommendations and technical support for our entire range of industrial automation products. Your work will be 50% inside, 50% outside the office interfacing directly with customers, usually in cooperation with our Account Managers. In addition, you will be the key point-of-contact in the office, guiding value-add projects such as control panel design-build.
Motion offers an excellent benefits package which includes options for healthcare coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, car allowance, vacation, sick, and holiday pay.Responsibilities
- Provide internal and external technical support for key automation vendors’ products.
- Be knowledgeable about applications and sizing for linear actuators, motors, drives, PLCs, HMIs, cabinet electrical products, sensors, industrial radios, pneumatics, etc., etc.
- Evaluate customer’s applications for viability, considering risk, complexity, lead time and budget.
- Provide Bills of Material to Customer Service for quoting that will accomplish the customer’s project requirements.
- Liaise with panel shop and customer to ensure on-time, on-budget delivery of value-add systems.
- Assist with start-up of systems if required, to include PLC/HMI programming and motor drive set-up.
- Respond to customer requests for quote changes.
- Coordinate meetings and training with vendors to stay up-to-date on new product offerings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Typically requires a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Mechatronic Engineering and one (1) to three (3) years of related automation experience or an equivalent combination.
- High degree of analytical and mechanical/electrical understanding.
- Highly effective verbal and written communicator.
- AutoCAD and/or SolidWorks experience is a plus
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.