Product Manager (Order Mgmt. & Fulfillment)
This role provides a unique opportunity for a digital professional to play a critical leadership role in helping to grow the digital business within the NA Automotive Parts Group (APG). Based in Atlanta, this person will be a member of the Digital Foundations team and will play a strategic role in the execution and strategic development of the Special Order & Route Management systems.
The Order Mgmt. & Fulfillment Product Manager will be responsible for product vision, strategy, and execution to improve the customer experience, functional capabilities, and business value/ROI of the NAPA Xpress and Store Console systems (OMS & Route Mgmt.). The position will collaborate with business partners, subject matter experts, developers, and vendor partners to establish business and technical requirements and drive them through successful and on-time delivery of functionality/optimizations.
- Partner with Director of Digital Foundations and other business/channel leaders on product strategy and execution.
- Partner with Director of Digital Foundations to continually prioritize and refine the product backlog.
- Drive prioritized optimizations and new features through the agile/scrum process.
- Drive the product discovery process and effectively communicate business requirements.
- Report to senior executives on business performance and strategic initiative execution
- Continually optimize day to day operations through constant review of analytics and customer feedback.
- Work with Senior Leaders, Channel Owners, and cross-functional teams in the development of site/product vision and roadmaps, and the prioritization and implementation of program features.
- Utilize regular and ad hoc reporting to monitor business KPI’s and measure the effectiveness of product enhancements.
- Analyze issues related to changing trends, behaviors, or performance to identify root cause and determine solutions to address.
- Support and provide direction to product owners in determining the impact of new functionality to existing business processes, user flow and system functionality.
- Work across the organization to solve customer and business problems and collaborate to drive for new innovations in products and services that best meet business needs and strategy.
- Review and approve specification documents of functional and non-functional requirements for new features, functionalities, and enhancements.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members; business owners, fellow product managers, UX, Design, IT, BAs, QA, operations, and vendors, to deliver strategic roadmap items.
- Manage vendor partners to solve customer and business problems and collaborate to drive for new innovations in products and services that best meet business needs and strategy.
- Continually identify and prioritize processes and procedures to improve operational efficiency of the team.
- Effectively, consistently, and proactively communicate roadmap, strategy, issue status, and related information to cross-functional teams and at all levels.
- Maintain knowledge of current systems, applications, and functionality.
- Maintain knowledge of competitive landscape and digital innovations.
- Develop subject matter expertise of GPC’s brands, product lines, customers, and industries.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Finance, Industrial Engineering, CS - Software Engineering, Mathematics, Marketing or other relevant field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- 7+ years of technical/business experience performing business analysis, functional requirements analysis, and product roadmap planning.
- Experience in scrum/agile development methodology.
- Experience managing a product backlog.
- Experience with web analytics tools and using data to make decisions.
- Demonstrated experience with analytical and critical thinking skills; ability to use data to break down complex problems and formulate plans.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills for interaction with internal stakeholders, vendors, senior management, and staff.
- Superior problem-solving skills, project management, multitasking, focus on detail and comfortable taking ownership of assigned tasks.
- Comfortable working with minimal supervision and being a leader of cross-functional teams.
- Comfortable preparing and delivering presentations to groups of varying size.
- Experience or familiarity with OMS and fulfillment optimization platforms (Hybris a plus).
- Automotive or Industrial industry experience is a plus.
Where permitted by applicable law, successful applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to start date. COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment, subject to an approved accommodation, and proof of vaccination will be required on or prior to start date.
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.