Customer Service Associate FT
Job holder is responsible for performing any other duties as assigned by management. List the significant activities that support that function, for instance manage the annual store audit process. Where possible use language that ties the job back to the company mission and vision.
- Takes incoming sales order or general customer service inquiry phone calls from independent and local NAPA stores.
- Reviews and corrects coding for bills from HQ.
- Researches results from jobber short paying DC, identifies and passes on to RGN clerk to do further research into each deducted item.
- Distributes month end AR statement to stores.
- Maintains miscellaneous account for transactions where funds are received from outside and then paid for various activities.
- Ensures orders are completed that are keyed and purchased as factory special order from suppliers.
- Processes paperwork to fulfill IBS contract requirements.
- Charge stores as needed for class pick up and handling.
- Issues credit to store for miscellaneous reasons as needed.
- High School Diploma or equivalent work experience required.
- 2 years + of general office / clerical experience.
- 1 year of bookkeeping experience
- JD Edwards / PeopleSoft (AP/GL/Sales Order Entry/Customer Service Modules) experience is a plus
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Must be detail minded.
- Must be able to problem solve.
- Must be able to make decisions.
- Must have excellent phone skills.
- Must have great communication skills.
- Must have complaint handling skills.
- Able to speak clearly and listen attentively.
- Must be self-motivated.
- Must have clear handwriting skills.
- Capable of recognizing and distinguishing letters and numbers (both visually and orally) and remembering their sequence.
- Must demonstrate professional business etiquette.
- Must know Internet Explorer/web navigation.
- Must know PC's / Windows (PDF, XLS, DOC, TXT, JPEG, BMP, GIF, TIF file formats).
- Must know Outlook. Must know Microsoft Excel (basic formulas and workbook set up).
- Must know Microsoft Word (including object insertion).
- Document management systems experience is a plus.
- Must know office equipment (copying, scanning)
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.