CNC Table Operator (2nd Shift)
The CNC Table operator position is an outstanding opportunity responsible for CNC operations of a 3 axis CNC Table to cut various panels and materials using detailed CAD drawings as reference. Normal hours are 8am – 4:30pm, with a ½ hour lunch, but candidate must be flexible when needed for extended hours/overtime. Must be able to follow instructions, operate CNC equipment and complete quality work in a timely manner. This is a fast-paced position and requires a hard-worker with a positive attitude.
F&L Industries is a large distributor of, and builder of custom industrial automation framing using 80/20, the world’s premier line of T-slotted aluminum extrusion. F&L prides itself on fast turnarounds and quality builds. We are based in the Poway/Scripps Industrial Park area.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Set up and machine various materials using a 3 axis CNC table
- Learn and identify proper components of each job/project
- Utilize proper tools and procedures to get desired results from table
- Learn to use CAD drawings to answer specific questions about each project
- Machine quickly, but also creating a quality product
- Work effectively as a team with other production employees
- Treat other employees with respect
- Fill out required paperwork
- Learn and operate other equipment and tool procedures as needed
- Keep working area and shop clean on a regular basis
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Good finger and hand dexterity
- Experience using a wide range of hand tools
- Ability to read/write/speak English
- Ability to follow written and oral instruction
- Ability to work as part of a team, and as an individual contributor
- Highly accurate & precise – attention to detail extremely important
- Hard-working, trustworthy
- Dependable, reliable
- Previous experience with programming a plus
- Ability to pass a drug test
- A positive attitude
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time, and lift up to 60lbs.
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.