- Automotive Group
- Industrial Group
- Career Areas
- Working Here
- Social Impact
- Students & Grads
Product Owner, Digital Foundations
Founded in 1928, Genuine Parts Company (GPC) is a service organization engaged in the distribution of automotive replacement parts, industrial replacement parts and materials, and business products. Our products and services are offered through a network of over 3,100 operations located throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Indonesia, France, the U.K., Germany, and Poland.
GPC generated over $16B in revenue in 2017 and has increased dividends to shareholders for 63 straight years. To help continue the growth in revenue and dividend payouts, the Commerce platform is being developed to meet the needs of our business. This platform will be the leading edge software solution in the industry helping stores manage sales, inventory, receiving, pricing, replenishment, accounts receivable and accounts payables.
We're also changing culture. The team is utilizing Agile, Lean and Devops best practices to define how we work and communicate. Our goal is to share our wins that will lead to best practice changes throughout the organization.
Position Performance Measures:
· Develops and fosters collaborative relationships between the business, the store community, APG IT, and solution providers.
· Executes an effective and efficient work entry process, managing change requests through the analysis, approval, and release assignment.
· Clearly defined product roadmaps are maintained and communicated to business stakeholders.
Responsibilities: The following section contains the primary responsibilities for this position. Job holder is responsible for performing any other duties as assigned by management. List the significant activities that support that function, for instance manage the annual store audit process. Where possible use language that ties the job back to the company mission and vision.
- Serves as a liaison between the business stakeholders and technology solution providers. Solicits feedback, facilitates communication, and clarifies direction of modifications needed.
- Works with business stakeholders and customer advisory boards on product strategy, roadmap, and priorities.
- Remains an active participant throughout the solution delivery process to ensure that stakeholder needs are being met.
- Participates actively in and is a sponsor of beta and pilot programs.
- Works with customer-facing teams to monitor functionality issues and drive product quality improvements.
- Works with technical writing team to ensure product documentation is accurate and complete.
- Engages actively in the release management process to ensure critical product improvements are delivered timely.
- Serves as project sponsor with vendors and internal teams.
- Provides training and product support to customer-facing staff to increase knowledge of software products.
- Uses Jira and Confluence to track change requests for future product enhancements.
- Develops strong knowledge of competitor’s solutions.
- Develops strong knowledge of industry store technology solutions.
- Manages legacy system roadmap items and ensures alignment with replacement system.
- Manages the Product Backlog including generation and prioritization of the list of user stories to be completed by the development team.
- Creates acceptance criteria for user stories.
- Signs-off functionality during development demos and to be deployed in production.
- Creates a vision of the product area and communicates it to the functional team members and the development team.
- Accountable for good economic decision-making during sprint and release planning.
Experience, Education, and Abilities:
- 7+ yrs. (or 7-10 yrs.) of IT experience in roles of increasing responsibility with the most recent 5+ years dedicated to software product management (both required).
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience, required (MBA preferred).
- Experience product management experience required.
- Background in software requirements and design strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly gain end-to-end knowledge of complex enterprise class software products and use that knowledge to field questions from diverse audiences including business executives, technical and store operations resources.
- Ability to facilitate meetings and address audiences of business executives, store owners and store operations personnel.
- Ability to ‘think on your feet’, managing dynamic customer meetings, forums and discussions.
- Travel not required every month but could reach 20% travel as needed for relationship management.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with customers, stakeholders, and peers.
- Must be self-motivated, persistent, and a consummate team player.
- Work is performed in typical office environment.
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.