BRAAS Company seeks a qualified individual to join our Automation Engineering department. This role is located in our Eden Prairie, MN location. BRAAS provides components and systems for industrial automation including robotics, pneumatics, vision systems, rotary and linear motion control, conveyance, sensing and I/O, safety, and value add services. Activities include assisting clients and sales reps in product selection, post sale service, training customers, working with other engineers on in the department on key engineering initiatives and projects, assisting inside sales and our value add division with selection and assistance. Ideal candidate will possess strong mechanical/technical aptitude, organizational skills, and a BA in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering. . Experience in Industrial Automation or related field a plus. Motion offers an excellent benefits package that includes options for healthcare coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, vacation, sick, and holiday pay.
This position is in Eden Prairie.
- The Applications Engineer will:
- Become an expert technical resource for machine vision products
- Provide technical sales and post sales support to internal and external customers
- Create marketing Youtube videos to help promote the various tools and features of such products
- Own the relationship between the vision suppliers and Braas Minnesota
- Stay current with the changing technologies
- Own and manage the vision related demos and the vision lab
- Become a key member of the AE team and assist others when needed
- Adhere to all company and department policies.
- Quickly respond to requests for technical information and assistance.
- Issue technical bulletins.
- Support web-based marketing programs.
- Contribute to new product and special design projects.
- Conduct customer training & seminars.
- Complete applications engineering tasks including
- Directly interface with Sales, customers, suppliers, and colleagues to understand technical requirements and application details.
- Support Braas Robotics as well as Braas VM departments
- BSME or BSEE with 5 years minimum experience in engineering related function
- High degree of analytical and solid mechanics understanding
- Highly effective communication skills (both verbal and oral)
- Proficient in SolidWorks and Microsoft Office suite
- Frequent travel to customer sites
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.