The Graphic Specialist works under supervision of the Creative and Brand Manager. The designer creates engaging graphics within our branding guidelines for a variety of media. The role includes participating in the entire design process from start to finish by visualizing and creating graphics (including illustrations, logos, layouts, photos, etc.). The Graphic Specialist will assist with shaping the visual aspects of websites, brochures, catalogs, logos, exhibitions, apparel, and more.
The graphics should capture the attention of those who see them and communicate the right message. For this, the Graphic Specialist needs to have a creative flair, a strong ability to translate requirements into design, and excellent time management skills.
This position works as an individual contributor in a collaborative team environment. It is a creative position, but must also have interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
Motion Industries offers an excellent benefits package which includes options for healthcare coverage, 401(k), tuition, reimbursement, vacation, sick, and holiday pay.
- Study design requests and determine requirements
- Conceptualize visuals based on requirements
- Prepare rough drafts and present ideas
- Develop illustrations, logos, and other designs using software or by hand
- Use the appropriate colors and layouts for each graphic
- Work with other team members and manager to produce final design
- Test graphics across various medias
- Amend designs after feedback
- Ensure final graphics and layouts are visually appealing and on-brand
Education / Experience:
- A bachelor's degree in Graphic Design, Fine Arts, or related field or minimum two years equivalent work experience.
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to see a project through from conception to delivery
- Strong problem solving skills
- A keen eye for aesthetics and details
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work methodically and meet deadlines
- Proven graphic design experience
- A strong portfolio of illustrations or other designs
- PowerPoint design knowledge
- Knowledge of design software and technologies (such as InDesign, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Photoshop, etc.) required
- Familiarity with photography and videography an added bonus
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.