- Automotive Group
- Industrial Group
- Career Areas
- Working Here
- Social Impact
- Students & Grads
IT Senior Architect
Founded in 1928, Genuine Parts Company (GPC) is a service organization engaged in the distribution of automotive replacement parts, industrial replacement parts and materials, and business products. Our products and services are offered through a network of over 3,100 operations located throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Indonesia, France, the U.K., Germany, and Poland.
GPC generated over $16B in revenue in 2017 and has increased dividends to shareholders for 63 straight years. To help continue the growth in revenue and dividend payouts, the Commerce platform is being developed to meet the needs of our business. This platform will be the leading edge software solution in the industry helping stores manage sales, inventory, receiving, pricing, replenishment, accounts receivable and accounts payables.
We're also changing culture. The team is utilizing Agile, Lean and Devops best practices to define how we work and communicate. Our goal is to share our wins that will lead to best practice changes throughout the organization.
What this job is
Building automation of
- deployment of infra
- build/test/deploy/release of code
Maintain log shipping best practices, including tagging, tracing, alerting and analysis tools.
Maintain monitoring and observability of applications and systems.
Deploy and maintain healthy, performant, compliant platforms (Linux, dependencies, application servers, database).
Build and maintain pipelines for CI, CD and deployment.
Who we're looking for
Most important: are you a change agent? We are in the process of transforming how we develop the software that runs our stores. Everything is in flux: how we work, our tech stack, our people! If you are the kind of person who loves to experiment and continuously learn, we want to hear from you.
You need to have extensive experience with
- administration of Linux systems
- administration of Kubernetes clusters, either on-prem or in a public cloud
- fluent in at least two programming language (Bash, Python, Ruby, Go, Java, C/C++, etc.)
- writing CI/CD pipelines
- developing and maintaining infrastructure as code
- developing and maintaining configuration as code
- system, application, and network monitoring with at least two common monitoring systems or services (e.g Nagios, AppD, Prometheus, New Relic, Dynatrace, etc.)
- log shipping, processing, and storage systems (e.g. Splunk, Graylog, ELK, etc.)
- Agile/LEAN methodologies
- working directly with application/product teams
Also helpful if you have experience with
- running in public cloud
- supporting SQL and NoSQL database platforms
- supporting Java EE applications and developers
- open source software in general
- layer 2-7 network protocols, such as IP, DHCP, TCP, UDP, TLS, DNS
- identity management
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.