Health & Welfare Manager, Shared Services
About Genuine Parts Company
Imagine going to work every day knowing that you are part of something special; part of something that matters and that makes a real difference. Imagine working for a company whose reputation for excellence paves the way for more success. Imagine being part of a winning team where people don’t just work ‘jobs’, they build long-lasting, highly-satisfying careers.
Genuine Parts Company (GPC) has risen to the top of our industry by understanding the needs of those we serve – our customers and our employees – and then working hard, and smart, to meet those needs.
The true source of that success is the effort, commitment and intelligence of our nearly 40,000 employees. Across all of our business units, in locations worldwide, the people of GPC have diverse backgrounds and talents. But it’s what we share that makes us unique.
The Employee Service Center Health & Welfare Manager is responsible for managing the operations of the Benefits and Leave Management teams. This role will ensure consistent, high quality care and services is provided by their teams of Specialists and Analysts in a high-volume service center environment. This role will report to the Sr. Director of the Employee Service Center.
- Manage the administration, planning, and communications for all benefits and leave of absence programs.
- Manage the daily operations of all Benefit and Leave of Absence functions
- Identify, manage and execute Benefits and Leave of Absence performance improvement and efficiency of service activities
- Ensure policies, procedures, and controls are in place, maintained, and monitored to ensure compliance with all internal and external needs and requirements
- Participate in regular calibration sessions with ESC Management Team to review monitoring and evaluation tasks and results
- Monitor team metrics and conduct regular checks to ensure the highest quality service is delivered in a timely manner
- Monitor and analyze ongoing operational trends in order to improve processes and effectiveness of programs/initiatives
- Develop strategies to meet business needs and improve the customer service experience by monitoring service levels and identify improvement opportunities
- Work with ESC Operations to create/update Knowledge Base reference materials, including Tier 2 Benefit process documentation and external resources
- Maintain and develop staff through ongoing training and coaching
- Manage team performance through goal planning, providing regular feedback, providing growth opportunities, and facilitating performance conversations
- In collaboration with ESC Management, establish internal operating procedures, to include metrics, service levels, escalation paths, etc., to ensure consistent operations and performance
- Provide management support to resolve customer requested escalations
- Foster a team environment to drive ownership of work and encourage team involvement and support around process improvement ideas
- Maintain strong working relationships with managers in the business, HR Managers, and all HR functional areas
- Act as partner with Corporate Benefits
- Manage Benefits and Leave of Absence vendor relationships
As a member of the Employee Service Center Management Team, interprets overall strategic vision as established by management, communicates overall plan to staff and ensures compliance with company operating philosophy.
- 5+ years prior experience in a call center or service center environment
- 3+ years prior experience leading teams
- 7+ years prior benefit and/or leave administration experience.
- In-depth knowledge of Company sponsored Health & Welfare benefit programs
- Knowledge of Leave of Absence regulations and legislation, including FMLA
- Superior Customer Service skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills to build effective relationships at all levels of the organization
- Exposure to HR and/or case management technologies (e.g., portal technology, case management, human capital management, etc.) – PeopleSoft and ServiceNow experience preferred
- Strong problem solving and decision-making abilities
- Detail oriented and able to multi-task (strong planning and prioritization skills)
- Experience with HR administration and general exposure / knowledge of various HR functions (e.g., policy, compensation, employee relations, benefits, performance management, etc.)
- Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Overall business and operational knowledge
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.