HQ Digital Senior Associate - Lead Front End Developer
Summary Job Description:
The GPC Digital Senior Associate – Lead Front End Development role will focus on analysis, design, implementation and delivering ecommerce and non-ecommerce digital projects. The Senior Associate is responsible for ensuring that software modules are implemented leveraging GPC Digital best practices and according to design specification, are reusable components that can be leveraged by other projects on the SAP Hybris platform as well as Non-platform based applications such as Angular, React, and Vue and are of high quality and efficiency. The ability to work collaboratively and effectively with all levels of management and staff within the organization is one of the core competencies in this role.
- Works with Business Analysts and Stake holders in gathering/reviewing the requirements and specifications. Evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts and decompose high-level information into details.
- Review Business/Functional Design documents and make sure that the Wireframes and Compositions are clear and meet business requirements.
- Determine the appropriate solution & create Technical Requirement and Design documents.
- Works with Project Managers and other team members to ensure proper adherence to SDLC and to conduct project risk identification and mitigation planning.
- Works on Infrastructure planning and implementation.
- Ensures the implementation of advanced-level code development & testing methodologies, debugging and documentation.
- Ensures software developed adheres to best practices and quality standards through code and design reviews.
- Interfaces with configuration management team to make sure build and deployment is automated and optimized to various environments (DEV/QA/STAGE/PRODUCTION).
- Build and automate CI/CD Pipelines in Azure DevOps and Self-Hosted GitLab.
- Interfaces with Operations/QA team in triaging and prioritizing incidents or defects.
- Provide technical guidance to all team members.
- Minimum of seven plus years’ experience in Software Development/Implementation.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in Web Development
- Minimum two years’ experience in SAP Hybris Commerce Suite.
- Must have successfully completed at least three Web projects using NodeJS and Modern Frontend Framework such as Angular, React, or Vue
- Experience in Azure DevOps CI/CD
- Experience with interpreting wireframes/compositions and translating to HTML/CSS/JS pages
- Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD) is a plus
- Experience in Automotive Aftermarket is a huge plus
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field required, unless there is significant, relevant work experience.
COMMUNICATION AND COGNITIVE ABILITIES
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written), including facilitation
- Must be comfortable working in ambiguous and/or stressful situations
- Must be self-motivated and know when to seek guidance
- Flexibility, ability to change priorities quickly, and capacity to handle multiple tasks
- Ability to learn new tools and technologies
- Ability to work independently and in a team
OTHER CONSIDERATIONSMinimal travel required for this position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.