Product Owner/ Specialist - B2B eCommerce
This role provides a unique opportunity for a digital professional to play a critical role in helping grow the global digital business within Genuine Parts Company (GPC). Based in Atlanta, this person will be a member of the Digital Channel Management team focused on the B2B website, PROLink.
The Product Owner/Specialist will be responsible for product requirements analysis as well as feature planning and execution to improve the customer experience and drive revenue from PROLink and the wholesale business. The position will collaborate with business partners, subject matter experts, developers, and vendor partners to establish business and technical requirements and drive them through successful and on-time delivery of functionality/optimizations.
- Drive the execution of the PROLink roadmap by effectively documenting and communicating business requirements.
- Create specification documents of functional and non-functional requirements for new features, functionalities, and enhancements.
- Assist the Product Manager with prioritization and own refinement of the product backlog.
- Own components or features and drive story development and requirements analysis.
- Utilize regular and ad hoc reporting to monitor business KPIs and measure the effectiveness of product enhancements.
- Analyze issues related to changing trends, behaviors, or performance to identify root cause and determine solutions to address.
- Determine the impact of new functionality to existing business processes and system functionality. Ensure documentation (Stories, Acceptance Criteria, etc.) is of sufficient quality.
- Manage vendor partners to solve customer and business problems and collaborate to drive for new innovations in products and services that best meet business needs and strategy.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members; business owners, product management, UX, Design IT, BAs, QA, operations, and vendors, to develop requirements.
- Perform acceptance testing of optimizations and new features to ensure requirements have been fulfilled.
- Identify, define, and document processes and procedures to improve operational efficiency of the team.
- Effectively, consistently, and proactively communicate issue status, and related information to cross-functional teams and at all levels.
- Maintain knowledge of current systems, applications, and functionality.
- Maintain knowledge of competitive landscape and digital innovations.
- Develop subject matter expertise of GPC’s brands, product lines, customers, and industries.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Finance, Industrial Engineering, CS - Software Engineering, Mathematics, Marketing or other relevant field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- 5+ years of e-commerce or technology delivery experience performing business analysis, functional requirements analysis, and product roadmap planning.
- Experience in scrum/agile development methodology.
- Experience participating in product backlog prioritization and grooming/refinement
- Experience with web analytics tools and using data to make decisions.
- Demonstrated experience with analytical and critical thinking skills; ability to use data to break down complex problems and formulate plans.
- Experience with e-commerce businesses and the high-level processes and technologies involved including e-commerce platforms, web content management, product content management tools, a/b testing tools, and web site traffic analytics platforms and tools.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills for interaction with internal stakeholders, vendors, senior management and staff.
- Superior problem-solving skills, project management, multitasking, focus on detail and comfortable taking ownership of assigned tasks.
- Comfortable working with minimal supervision and being a leader of cross-functional teams.
- Comfortable preparing and delivering presentations to groups of varying size.
- Experience or familiarity with ecommerce platforms (Hybris a plus).
- Automotive or industry experience is a plus.
Where permitted by applicable law, successful applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to start date. COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment, subject to an approved accommodation, and proof of vaccination will be required on or prior to start date.
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.